Chapter thirteen

Fuck.

Now I have some explaining to do.

No one was suppose to remember that event last year. Only me and my mom were aloud to remember and well, Alex obviously.we ended up telling the girls because we don't keep secrets from each other but outside of that, well, no one knows our dirty little secret.

"What you are talking about?" I stutter. God damn it, that's my tell.

"What aren't you telling me Carter?" He asks and I sigh to myself.

It's not like I can keep a secret this big from my mate so here goes nothing.

"I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone." I says.

He nods his head and I continue on. "Last year, sometime around August, Alex and I were walking alone in the forests. Not in wolf for but in human. We were messing around and goofing and playing. We were laughing and having fun. It was my birthday and I wanted to show her something that I wasn't aloud to mention to anyone. Before I finish this, know that I didn't want to keep it from you it's just, everything that comes along with it is hard. My family has a secret that we don't share with anyone.

"Anyways, we were deep in the forest where I didn't think anyone would find us but I was wrong. We were ambushed but rogues and they killed Alex. I know what you're thinking, but Alex isn't dead she very much alive and yes that is true now but at one point, she was dead. I killed all the rogues. I didn't care that they had families, I didn't care if they had kids. No, they killed my best friend so I killed them. When I got over to Alex she was on the brink of death. Not quite dead but it was coming fast. I don't know how I did what I did, but I managed to heal her with my blood.

"That day, I wanted to show her my extraordinary gift. I heal within seconds, no matter how deep the cut, no matter how big it it or even if it's a broken bone or a ruptured whatever. I heal within seconds. Yes, I went into a coma but that's totally different. When I hit, the part of my brain that casuals me to heal like I do, that causes me to produce the healing blood cells, must have been hit causing me to stay out until it fully healed.

"Anyways, I didn't know if it would work but I couldn't just sit there and watch Alex die without at least trying to save her. I sliced my hand open and let the blood pour into Alex. As soon as my blood got into her blood stream she was healed. I didn't realize that anyone else was around or that Alex had found her mate that day. But I mean she practically died so I guess that over powered her wolfs want for a mate.

"After she was healed, we ran him as fast as we could and told mom. She told us to keep quiet about it and that this was a special gift that came from her great grandmother. Healing properties in her blood. The very same I have floating around inside of me. She asked if anyone saw Alex die and we said no because we hadn't seen anyone other than the rogues and I had killed them all the knife I had in my pocket.

"We told the girls, and when I found you, mom told me not to say anything until the time was right. And I guess now is that time but you need to understand that it was hard for me to keep this all from you and I'm sorry."

I look at Hayden. I know it's a lot to sink in and I don't blame him for trying to go over it all once again in his head. I mean, his brother just told him he watched his mate die and now she's here in the flesh because I healed her with my magic blood. It's a lot to take in.

"Listen, I understand why you couldn't tell me. It's a risk, a big one considering what you have inside you but please trust me that I won't let anything happen to you." He says moving closer and folds me into a hug.

"I know but you also need to keep in mind that, I'm super healing and now, so Alex. She still has my blood running through her veins. We heal faster than humanly and even werewolfly possible." I explain.

"I know baby, but it's my job to protect you. So let me protect and you can raise me from the dead if needed." He jokes.

I smack him on the chest. "Not funny."

Now that my dirty secrets out, I have nothing to hide from Hayden. I hope he can say the same.