Chapter Seven - Confused Don't Even Cover It

~~~~

~
~
~
~

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Silence.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

My eyes dragged over to the sink in the kitchen, where the tap just barely ran. Not enough to have a full stream of water, but enough to drive me crazy with the drops of water. Turning back to the TV, I tried to tune out the annoying sound by continuing to watch Big Bang Theory.

I really didn't want to get up for such a pathetic reason. I had my bag of Twizzlers, three cans of soda and a slice of warmed up pizza. My bladder didn't need to be relieved, and so, I wanted to just sit and be lazy for as long as I could.

The noise really started to get on my nerves, but I tried to block it out with the episode of Big Bang Theory currently on TV.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"Fine! I'll tell you, but you can't tell Leonard!"

Drip. Drip. Drip.

My patience is wearing thin.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"I'M BATMAN!"

"Sheldon!"

Drip. Drip. Dri - -

"Okay, okay, fine! I get it!" I shouted, leaping from my comfortable position on the couch and dashing to the kitchen. I secured the knobs on the sink, ensuring no more odd noises. I let out a sigh of relief and stared at the house around me.

The silence was deafening. No padding of bare feet, no clinking of glasses and no tirade about the correct way to mop a floor.

You're probably wondering where in the world the noise and lively hood of this house went off to. Then again, you probably don't care. At all ...

In either event, I will tell you anyways.

My family went to the water park in the next town over for the day. I was invited, but I felt like Eddie deserved to have some alone time with mom and dad. I'm up later than him every night and I get to spend as much time with mom and dad as I want. So he needed to get some quality time of his own in. Instead, I somewhat partied last night.

Somewhat being the key word here.

Looking around the room, I realized that I needed to do a major clean up before my parents arrived back home tomorrow. Shelby had come over last night to keep me company and watch movies. I couldn't remember the last time I had laughed so hard. Shelby's personality was just so animated and lively; her hand gestures and facial expressions were to die for.

The story she told about her father cracked me up the worst.

"A-a-and then, my dad tried stepping forward - " Shelby cut herself off with her own giggles, landing backwards on the floor, nearly rolling around like a child before she could squeeze out another three words. "He just face planted!"