Alo Creevey: "I Smell Merriment Afoot"

Alo to me is your quintessential teenage boy who has been rejected by life yet has somehow retained a sense of optimism. I cannot talk about Alo without mentioning Rich and vice versa. Rich and Alo have been best mates since childhood it has always been the two of them. Rich the more cynical of the two became quite individualistic, stubborn, and became disinterested in the rest of the world. Alo had the opposite reaction. He seemed to have this idea that eventually the rest of the world would catch onto his brand of awesome. He craves attention and wants the world to notice. While his best mate could care less. Rich wanted to be in "Fuck Norris" because he believed in the revolution and Alo wanted to be in the band to get attention. That is something that has been consistent about Alo's character from beginning to end. This sense that Alo wants validation from others.

Alo is not the most emotional intelligent; however, he is capable of noticing things about people's emotions. He understood that being at Rich's wedding was important and was one of the only characters to take the journey seriously. He offered advice to Nick when he needed it. He confronts Rich about his stubborness. He is capable of being serious and there is more to him than the goofy and clueless teenage boy we see.

What of the major issues I have with Series 6 is how Alo was writte, because it feels like this side of Alo that he was embracing at the end of Series 5 was lost.
This is an analysis so I am going to attempt to explain the changes. Alo has always been the reject, the useless, the virgin, the freak, and all the other names he was inevitably called by being an eccentric farm boy. In the beginning of Series 6 he lost his virginity something he has been in the pursuit of forever. He lost it to the extremely attractive Mini McGuinness. It could be that the sex with Mini went to his head and filled him with a false confidence at the same time a strong vulnerability. Becoming distracted from noticing certain things about his friends like Nick's need for a friend or understand the weight of Rich's loss. Some people say that Alo has a hard time taking things serious, but in Series 5 I saw him take several things seriously. Even in Series 6 he had his moments as well. Especially with Poppy when he sees her parents fighting and notices her distress. He says something. Alo is not as dumb as we think, he thinks, and I think even a couple of the writers thinks. I would have loved to have seen him hone in on this side of him.

Another thing about Alo is that he is a good guy. In the end even if he is clueless, even if he is immature, or completely ridiculous. In the end though he does the right thing. He does step up on the farm. He will put his best mate in his place if he needs to. He will be a father and stay with Mini. It might take him longer due to his immaturity, but he does have a good heart. He genuinely cares.

Alo's main motivation in life is to be seen as a leader and to be seen as someone who is worth something. Sometimes he does stupid things and loses control of situations, but his intentions are always good. He just has a hard time thinking about the consequences of his actions sometimes. Sometimes he literally does not think. He's a joker and and a fun-loving guy. It might take him awhile but he's good people. He's a Creevey man.