Eyes Shut (Peter Imagine)

Goal: 90 reads and 4 votes

Ok so I wanted to do something different so I put my songs on shuffle and said the first song that comes on is going to be the inspiration for the imagine. The song is Eyes Shut by Years & Years

Erudite have been working on new serums for simulations and, according to your best friend, other evil, corrupt stuff to harm innocent bunnies. Since they need to test their serums though, they have forced a bunch of dauntless members to take the concoctions. And you happen to be one of those unlucky test rats.

Each person gets a different serum and yours, unluckily, was the fear serum. It is very much like the ones used during initiation except these work like hallucinations that "attack" at random times and last for a day from when it's inserted into the body. Today, the day you were meeting up with the one you hate most, happened to be the most terrifying day yet.

You were walking to the gym, where you were supposed to meet Peter 10 minutes ago, when you couldn't see the floor anymore. All you saw was red. Blood. It was't your blood though, but the blood of your entire family. That's when they appeared in front of you. Covered in their own blood. Covered in scratches and scars. Your mother pointed a crooked, obviously broken finger at you and, with a scratchy voice, accused, "YOU! This is all your fault Y/N, all your fault. Y/N. Y/N. Y/N." Then she reached out and poked your shoulder roughly. You cowered away and whimpered into a corner where you slid down a wall and covered your eyes.

"You're not real. If I can't see you, you can't hurt me. You're not real. You're not real. Nothing can hurt me. You can't hurt me. I can't see you. Nothing can hurt me with my eyes shut. Go away. Go away. Please, leave me alone. You're not real." you sobbed repeatedly. When you were about to burry you face into your knees, you felt something warm on your mouth. Worried it was the blood you were surrounded with, you opened your eyes. Instead of the red, you were consumed by a breath-taking chocolate brown. You slowly pulled your face away from the brown warmth only to realise who you've just kissed. Peter.

"What was that?" you whimpered, although trying to sound strong, hoping your enemy hadn't seen what just happened.

"You looked like you'd just seen a ghost and you ran away from me when I tried snapping you out of whatever was happening. I kept nudging you but you would just back away even more. It's the last thing I could think of. Sorry. That was as bad for me as I'm sure it was for you. I hate you." He finished with harsh words, even though his tone said the opposite. Peter sounded genuinely worried for you, and was still scared of seeing you cry like that again. "What happened?"

Although it was the last thing you expected yourself to do, you betrayed yourself and told him everything. From Erudites all the way down to your mother, not missing a single detail. And he listened. And looked genuinely interested. And held you when you were about to cry. And even went as far as kissing your forehead. When he did, he froze, lips still touching your skin, almost surprised by his own actions. You never saw this side of Peter and you deeply hoped he never changes.

When he slowly inched his face away from yours, he looked ready to apologise, but you stopped him, surprising yourself yet again. You kissed Peter Hayes. And it was the best God damn kiss ever.