A Stable Home

Magnus POV:

"Maddie?" I said frantically, trying to shake her awake "Come on this isn't funny, wake up the hell up".

"We need to get her to a hospital , Magnus" Mayrse told me gently "Robert already called for an ambulance but you stressing won't do her any good, you need to calm down".

"Will she be okay though?" I asked, a tear slipping down my face "I can't lose her, especially not now".

"I don't know what's going to happen, Magnus" Mayrse replied "All I know is getting upset won't help anyone so just calm down alright".

"Sorry" I muttered "I'm just worried, I hope her and the baby are okay" I felt a person put their arms around me and I looked behind me to see Alec looking at me in concern.

"She'll be fine" Alec said gently "And the baby will be fine" I smiled gratefully at him, the sound of a ambulance pulling into the driveway could be heard and Mayrse went to open the door. In a few minutes, Maddie was in the back of the ambulance and I was sitting on bed across from her with Alec beside me as the ambulance drove quickly to the hospital.

"Get her into ER now" Called a nurse and Maddie was wheeled though some double doors out of my sight.

"Come on, Magnus" Alec said gently "Let's go get you some fresh air, you look like you could use some" I nodded and we headed outside.

-----------A few hours later, still Magnus' POV---------------

"Mr. Bane?" Called a nurse and I shot up in my seat "May I please speak privately with you for a few moments?" I nodded and followed her into an office.

"Is she okay?" I asked as soon as the door was closed, the nurse nodded while gesturing for me to have a seat "Why did she faint?" The nurse let out a tired sigh before replying.

"Her stress levels are too high" the nurse informed me "Maddie and the baby is thankfully fine but she'll have to be put on bed rest until she gives birth".

"Okay" I nodded "Do you think this'll affect the babies health once it's born?" The nurse shook her head and I let out a sigh of relief.

"It will however affect the birth date" the nurse told me "If my predictions are correct, then the baby will be born at least a couple weeks before it's due date".

"Won't the baby be underdeveloped then?" I asked and the nurse gave a little shrug "I thought they needed all nine months to grow".

"Normally they do but there are are cases that the baby develops father then normal which by the looks of it has happened with Maddie's baby" The nurse replied "He already looks pretty much fully developed now so I'm guessing it's not long till he'll be ready to be born, has any preparations been organised for after the baby is born?" I shook my head.

" I think she wants to keep it but I'm not sure how that's going to work out" I told her and the nurse nodded "No plans have been made as such though".

"Does she at least have a stable home she can go back to while she rests?" The nurse asked and I shook my head warily "Both Maddie and I are in social services so we don't exactly have a home".

"Where have you two been staying then?" The nurse asked in concern.

"At my boyfriends place"I told her "He's the one with black hair and blue eyes out in the waiting room".

"Can't you stay with him a little longer then?" The nurse asked and I shrugged uncertainly "Surely you could convince your social worker or maybe I could try?" I shook my head.

"My social worker didn't actually know Maddie and I were staying at Alexanders" I told her "We started staying there after some trouble went down with our adoptive parent".

"I see" The nurse nodded "May I at least try talk to your social worker though? We really do need to find a stable place for Maddie to rest up and it'd be best not to unsettle so close to birth".

"Go ahead" I shrugged writing down Arram's number on a piece of paper "Good luck though, he's been quite a jerk recently".

"You're not on good terms I'm guessing" The nurse commented, her eyebrows raised in mild amusement and I shook my head bitterly.

"He's a jerk, end of story" I muttered "Is Maddie awake?" the nurse nodded "Can I go see her please?" The nurse nodded "Thanks" She gave me Maddie's room number and I made my way to her room.

"Magnus" Maddie greeted weakly as I walked into the room "I was wondering where you were" I smiled and sat next to her.

"I was speaking with the nurse" I told her "I'm glad your okay, I swear my heart nearly stopped when you fainted".

"I'm sorry to worry you" Maddie smiled "I feel fine now, I'm just a little tired and my stomach hurts" I nodded.

"I'm glad" I smiled "If you stay in bed and take it easy then you'll feel better in no time" Maddie nodded before a dark look came over her face.

"Where are we going to stay now though?" Maddie asked frowning "No foster home will take both of us, or the baby and I don't want to be separated from you".

"I don't know" I told her "Maybe it'd be better for both of us if we were separated, you need a family who can look after you; especially if you keep this baby".

"But I thought we were a team" Maddie mumbled, a tear sliding down her check "I thought we were in this together".

"We are a team Hun" I told her quickly, taking her hand in mine "I just want the very best for you, Maddie. The chance of me getting adopted now is pretty much impossible due to my age but you're still young, you still have a chance".

"I don't care" Maddie snarled, her eyes burning into me "Until you came along, I didn't have anyone who actually cared about me; not since my mum died. If you think I'm just going to let you just walk away from me without a fight, you got another thing coming. I have been messed around for way to long, I refuse to take it any longer. Whatever happens to us, it happens to both of us and we stick together; got it?" I stared at her a moment, stunned at her little angry speech.

"Alright, we do this together" I smiled a second later "I don't know what Social Services will think but we'll work it out" I gave her hand a confronting squeeze and she smiled back at me before falling back into a peaceful sleep.

-------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

F**k my head hurts!

Please comment and vote ect... And I'll update when I can.

Bye!

~Nikki