Prologue (Part 2)

I chewed the inside of my cheek as I waited, sparkling green eyes full of hope, but that hope dimmed after a few minutes and nothing happened. I sighed and took a step back, putting my knife in a homemade sheath and slipping it into a pocket of my green backpack. "I guess he isn't real," I whispered, heartbroken. "I believe, I do, I really do. So why didn't you come?" My words were pulled away into the night by the wind.

The air had previously been very very still, with nary a breeze to speak of. Now, it was tumultuous and there was a cool gale whipping my newly cropped hair around. I shook my head and laughed quietly, not wanting to wake my family, taking delight in the cool air and the lack of weight on my head.

The clear sky clouded over, blocking the light of the stars, but the moon burned a hole through the vapor, glowing almost angrily. The two forces seemed to fight one another, but a dark speck darted out of the clouds, headed straight towards my house. There were two pinpricks of light in it.

I climbed up onto the windowsill and hung half-out, my feet and hand supporting me while the other waved. "I believe!" I said, louder than before. "I believe!"

The dark thing hovered in from of me. It was the shape of a person, and the glowing spots were where eyes were supposed to be. It held out a hand to me and I smiled, flashing a pearly grin. "Peter Pan's shadow," I whispered in awe. I leaned out the window and reached for its hand, but it was just too far away. I stretched, and it pulled its hand back. I laughed again. "A game?" It nodded, or I assumed it nodded. "Okay. I love games!"

It held out its hand, about ten feet away from the window. I grinned and crouched, gathering all my strength. I jumped for all I was worth and caught its hand, dangling in the air. I hung on for dear life as we flew in front of the moon.

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm bored and since I only have you part 1/5 of the prologue I felt like doing something.