car-aoke with Taylor Swift in the background

Out of the Woods - Ryan Adams
"Twenty stitches in the hospital room."

Chapter Thirteen
Carrisa

"Carrisa?" Gwen's voice brought me back to first class in the morning. "The teacher is asking you to read."

"Gosh darn," I felt my whole face become fluster. Gwen pointed the line on my book.

"Todo bien, señorita Gheller?" Mrs. Suarez asked confused.

"Si, si, si. Muy bueno!" I said as I hurried the ham up to start reading. "Pedro Almodovar es un gran cineasta español ... " Mrs. Suarez stared at me puzzled as well as the whole class. I had to stop daydreaming in the middle of class. Maybe If I stopped having such strange encounters with Aiden, I would stop spacing out. Yesterday's encounter really made me put into perspective everything I knew so far about him. It was like solving a cross-word puzzle. There's some clues lying around, but you still need to figure out what the word is.

In this cross-Aiden puzzle, I had managed to deduct that:

A) He believed that solving his problems with anger and violence was a reliable method. The attacks were an answer to a problem, I just needed to figure out what problem was it exactly.

B) He probably needed something nice happing in his life to help him out of his old ways. So, C) I brought him some candy.

"Wait," Gwen told me as she froze. "You're telling me you slapped Aiden Ward? Like in the face kind of way?"

"Shh!" I hissed at Gwen as I noticed people's attention peaking. We stood in the middle of the hallway walking our way to our next class. "It was an accident! He took me by surprise!"

"Hey," Ellie interrupted. "What's going on?"

"Carrisa just told me she slapped Aiden."

"WHAT?" Ellie shouted, "Like in the face?"

"I already said it was an accident! I don't control my hands when people scare me! Anyway, could you guys possibly speak any louder? I don't think the entire school has heard you yet!" I said as I dragged those two out fo the scene as quickly as possible. I still had every intention to live on and if anyone else found out, it could surely cause me trouble.

"Sorry," Gwen apologized and pinched my cheeks. "It's not everyday you hear Aiden Ward got served by the strongest most cutest girl in this school."

"Yeah, good for you, Risa. That guy was begging someone to do it."

"Though this come at an unfortunate time because I did just scheduled our lunch together with the boys," Gwen pointed out innocently and calmly, like this wasn't a life or death situation.

Ellie shrugged, "He'll get over it." Ellie began to grin, I could see the horns forming in the back of her head. "Besides, won't it be a story Elliot and Leon would love to hear?"

"Please stop," I begged. "I really wanna keep on living."

"Oh, won't it be amazing to get to see Aiden's reaction to the story?" Gwen teased back.

"I don't wanna die yet, I still haven't attend to a Harry Styles's concert."

"Guess who has to sit next to him in physics?" Ellie continued.

"I hate you. I really do."

Though, Aiden still scared me, I wondered if now that I understood him just a little bit more, would make it easier to get along. We were going outside school for lunch. Elliot had offered, according to Gwen, to take us somewhere with eatable food since her car unavailable. Leon and Elliot were drooling all over Gwen, it was actually funny.