Chapter 1 Slender

I walked into the woods. Mom and dad were fighting again and I didn't want to hear it, so I took my usual walk in the woods when they fought. I went into the cabin where I first saw my best friend. He was really tall, he wore a suit, but he had no face. It didn't scare me though. I remember it like it was yesterday.

--- 6 years before ---

I ran into the woods crying. Daddy hit me because he was drunk. I immediately heard my mothers screams for me to come back, but when it was clear I wasn't turning around, I heard her yelling at daddy. After running into the woods a few hours, I realized I was lost. I started crying again, then I saw a cabin in the distance. I decided to see if anyone was home. "Hello." I said in a tiny voice as I walked through the unlocked door. Nothing. I walked around, but finding no one to guide me out of the woods I just sniffled and walked out. I ran into something while I walked away from the home. It was tall and slender, so I assumed it was a tree, but when I looked up, it was a person. A very tall person, with no face... But I didn't cry out in fear, I found his faceless appearance interesting. "Mister? Is this your home? I got lost and I can't find my way to mommy and daddy..." I said sniffling and rubbing my eyes. Although he had no face, I could feel his surprise. "Your not afraid of me child? Does my appearance not startle you?" He asked. I looked up at him, a small smile on my face. "No mister." I replied. "Why?" He asked, kneeling down so he could look at me face to... Blank? "I find your face interesting. And I'm not one to judge." I said shrugging. "Why are you in my woods child?" He asked after a moment of silence. "Daddy hit me because he got drunk again... And mommy started yelling at him... I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight..." I pouted. "How old are you child?" He asks. "Seven." I replied, holding up my fingers, showing the number seven. He stood and put his hand on my back, pushing me back towards the cabin, "Come child. You can stay here until your parents fight break up." He said. "Ok!" I said with a smile, "but what's your name?" I asked. "Slender, you can call me slender." He said.

--- present day ---

Ever since that day, he would allow me to come back when my parents fought. Or when the kids bullied me... He was my true friend, my only friend actually. And he was always there for me. I sat in the room that I had claimed "mine", waiting for the tall slender man to appear. And just like always, there was a pop sound, and I looked up to find that he had appeared. I gave him a big smile. "V? It's good to see you." He said, as he sat next to me on the bed. I giggled at the all too familiar nickname he had given me a few years ago. My real name was violet, but after a while he had gotten used to calling me v. I then used the nickname I had for him, "You too slendy." He sighed in irritation. He never liked that name, and I knew it, but that's why it's fun. "I wish you would stop calling me that child." He said as he ruffled my hair. I giggled and shoved his hand away, "That's never going to happen so you might as well give it up." He just gave a hearty chuckle. We got along well, he had gotten used to my daily visits, and I actually looked forward to them. I hated that my parents fought everyday, but I did love to see him in that time. He was the only one other than my mother that cared about me. Dad just shoves me and mom away for his alcohol. Me and slender sat there and conversed for a while, like we usually do, then his aura turned surprised as he remembered something. For a guy with no face, he was pretty easy to read. "Tomorrow is your birthday, is it not?" He asked. I nodded in realization. "I'm going to be thirteen." I said with a big smile. "Well, since your usually not over here on your birthday, I decided to give this to you now." He said. He pulled out a small box and gave it to me. I looked at him, my eyes sparkling, "Slendy... You didn't have to." I said. His aura was light and happy, "But I wanted to." I took the box from his hands and opened it to reveal a small dragon necklace. I squealed in delight and gave him a big hug, "thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I screeched. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around me, "I thought you would like it." I pulled away from him and quickly pulled it around my neck. I looked at the time and frowned when I saw it was 8:00 pm. Slender turned around as well to look at the clock. "Well. Looks like it's time for you to go home. Come on." He said. I sighed in defeat as I held onto his arm and there was a pop sound, signaling that he teleported me to the edge of the woods. I walked towards it and turned around, "thanks again for the present. See you later." I said. If he could, he would have smiled. I waved as I ran towards my house. He stood there, making sure I got inside safely. When I got to my room, I looked outside my window to show him I was inside. After he knew I was ok, he disappeared from the edge of the woods. I smiled and fell onto my bed. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad. And with that I went to sleep. I couldn't have been more wrong...