Cake

Legolas went completely limp in the twins' arms. Elladan picked the little one up. "Why did we have to do that?" Elrohir said. "Ada wanted revenge on Thranduil but maybe Legolas..." Elladan paused as he felt blood on his hands. "Elrohir! Get Ada! Legolas is bleeding! Some of his ribs feel broken!" Elladan ordered as he ran to the hall of healing.  Elrohir ran to Elrond's study. "Ada! Legolas is wounded! Hall of healing!" Elrohir shouted. Elrond rushed past his son, not slowing till he was in the healing hall. Elladan had removed Legolas's tunic and was frozen. Elrond gasped. The scars and bruises that littered the little one's body were definitely made by elven hands. The twins and Elrond spent hours stitching, fixing broken bones, healing terrible bruises, and bandaging the little one. Finally, they were finished. Elrond lifted the little one into his arms and started to walk towards the family quarters. "Ada?" Elrohir asked. "I did wrong and I will fix it. Prepare the chamber that connects to my room." Elrond ordered gently as he wrapped the elfling in a blanket. "I will carry him up there in ten minutes." Elrond stated as his sons left with knowing looks on their faces. Ten minutes later, one could see Elrond carrying a cocoon of blankets to the family wing. He tucked Legolas into the bed the twins had set up. "Rest, little one. You are safe here." Elrond said softly. For weeks, Elrond kept Legolas in a drugged haze so that he could heal properly. The treaty was reaching an end that would not bode well for the princeling that had become part of Elrond's family. Thranduil would not be pleased that he would have to come to the aid of Rivendell whenever the Valley needed it in exchange of materials and food that the Mirkwood desperately needed. Elrond feared that Thranduil would release his ire upon the elfling that all of Rivendell had grown to love. Erestor swept into the chamber, a strange look upon his face. "What is wrong?" Elrond questioned, stroking the elfling' shake as Legolas napped in the Lord or Rivendell's lap. "Thranduil has demanded that Legolas be returned to face the punishments for failure." Erestor stated with barely contained anger. "I cannot allow that." Elrond started to seethe. "Make the last part of the treaty as follows: Rivendell will provide aide to the Mirkwood at every harvest. There must be a degree of trust and the only compromise Rivendell will have is for the Prince Legolas to live in Rivendell until a minimum of 300 years has passed. Mirkwood will aide Rivendell whenever the need arises. Rivendell will provide plenty of food." Elrond ordered. Erestor nodded. "I will do that now." Erestor left. A healer came in to give Legolas another draught but Elrond stopped him. "It is time for Legolas to awaken. Send for my sons." Elrond ordered. The twins flew into the room, smiling. "Yes, Ada?" Elrohir asked. "Thranduil most definitely lied about how old Legolas was. I believe he is barely 25 years!" Elrond nearly yelled. Elrohir scooped the little one up as Elrond went to the garden to to think. "Elladan, we need to make sure no harm ever befalls Legolas again!" Elrohir cried, hugging the sleeping elfling. Elladan nodded, having already made a promise to the Valor to protect this elfling.