The World is Ugly

(Here's the link to the song I used in this shitty fanfic:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfmzkj5QSto
You don't have to listen to it if you don't want to. Just knew that some people wouldn't listen to it solely because they would have to search it on their own lmao)

-These are the eyes and the lies of the taken. These are their hearts, but their hearts don't beat like ours. They burn 'cause they are all afraid. For every one of us, there's an army of them. But you'll never fight alone.-

You smiled and giggled as you chased after him. The warm sun shone down onto the grassy meadow and the birds' songs rang out cheerily. Wildflowers perfumed the air with a sweet, fresh aroma. Grass tickled your legs as you ran down the hill, panting and laughing. Your hair flew out behind, occasionally whipping into your face. Ahead of you, you could hear his baritone laughter. He finally stopped sprinting and suddenly spun around to face you. You were going way too fast to stop. You barreled into him at full speed. The two of you fell backwards, with you leaning into his chest. You tumbled backwards down the hill, over each other over and over. Finally, you came to rest at the bottom of the hill. You lay on top of him and he gazed up at you with his striking honey colored eyes. The sun behind you made your hair and skin glow, and your laughter rang like a bell. He smiled and lifted his hand to your cheek. His other arm went around your waist and held onto you tightly. You propped yourself up on your elbows and looked down at him, smiling softly. He couldn't help but stare at you. He wanted to memorize you. Every dip and curve, every feature. The sunlight behind you made you seem almost like an angel. You were his angel. You were his light. You were his salvation. Without you, the world would be dark. He smiled back at you, slowly leaning in towards your face. Your eyes fluttered shut and you held your breath. A soft, passionate kiss was placed upon your lips. Your ran your hand through his copper hair and hummed into the kiss. He suddenly broke apart and looked up with furrowed brows.

"I love you, (Name)."

You blushed and smiled at him reassuringly. "I love you too, Jean."

-'Cause I wanted you to know that the world is ugly, but you're beautiful to me. Well are you thinking of me now?-

You plopped your tray onto the wooden table and slid into the spot next to him. He looked over at you and smiled, putting one of his arms around your shoulders. You giggled and leaned into his side, your friends rolled their eyes from across the table. A couple years had passed since you both had joined the cadets. Originally he hadn't wanted to join at all. He wanted to have a cushy life in the inner wall. He was very resistant to you joining. He wanted to protect you at all costs, but you were persistent. You would follow him wherever he went. No matter where that led you. Whether it be military police, Survey Corps, or even a civilian. Life without him wouldn't even seem worth living. The sound of laughter snapped you back to reality. You glanced down at your meager serving and took the bread. Sasha, of course, had already stolen your potato. You smiled to yourself and bit off a chunk of the dry loaf. This was where you wanted to be. With Jean. With your friends. Sure, some of them were more irritating than others. Especially Eren, who loved to antagonize Jean. But there was no place you would rather be. Life in the cadets wasn't so bad anyways. They tortured you with endless chores, Sasha scared the bejeezus out of you with her excitement, the rules were strict as ever, but you wouldn't trade it for anything. You leaned your head on his shoulder and thought of your possible future. Maybe when all this was over, you'd settle down with him. You hummed contently, and he looked down at you, kissing the top of your head. There was no doubt in your mind that wherever he was, you would be. If he was with you, you were alive.

-These are the nights and the lights that we fade in. These are the words, but the words aren't coming out. They burn 'cause they are hard to say. For every failing sun, there's a morning after.-