Chapter 1: In Which Percy's Class Goes For An Unplanned Swim

[2/20/18] So, I've decided to put a note in here for newcomers and re-readers.

For the newcomers - I should mention that these first few chapters are quite short compared to the length that they get to. Furthermore, I don't find them as interesting. I'm in the process of seeing whether I can revamp these a bit lol but idk - the first arc of this book (5 chapters) is very much just starting to weave the two universes together. I'm noticing that there's a lot more engagement on this chapter, but it decreases chapter by chapter - tbh idk if that's because this one is shorter and easier to reread, or if the attention drops off after reading this lol. If you have any questions, just ask - I'll probably respond. I'm trying to update faster nowadays, so there's that, as well.

For the re-readers - I want to thank you for your continued support, and I hope that you continue to enjoy this book!

I must say though- I'm highly entertained that many of you have commented on the date directly below this to mention your actual age. It's interesting to see that people of many different ages, although mostly close in number, are reading this.

Anyways, I, Spathi, welcome you to the world of SIEBB!

April 2004

Natasha's P.O.V.

Her footsteps echoed loudly as she sprinted down the halls of the underground complex. The mission should have been an easy one. Get in, retrieve a file, and get out. But intelligence had not known about the ridiculous amount of guards, the intricate security system, or the fact that a subterranean maze of halls lay below the aquarium.

The Black Widow rolled to her left as a guard lifted his gun. Jumping up, she popped open a nearby grate and slid into it, moving quickly through the air ducts. Once she found an exit, she burst through it, only to find herself facing six men armed with guns.

She had no time to jump back into the air ducts, so she launched herself at the nearest man, putting her hands on his shoulders and flipping over him to lock her legs around the next one, taking both to the ground.

Natasha mentally reviewed the weapons she had on her person: two throwing knives, a garrote, and one last taser disc, which was a small disc that generated electricity. She hadn't brought her electroshock cuffs because she was in an aquarium, and she didn't want to electrocute herself if she had to dive into water. She was starting to regret that decision a little bit.

"At least my taser discs are waterproof. I'll need to stock up again after this mission." she thought.

She whipped around, electrocuting the third man with the last taser disc and slamming one of her knives into the fourth man's arm. As she pulled out a garrote and turned towards the fifth man, the sixth pulled the trigger on his gun.

The sound resounded through the hallway, probably alerting more guards to her presence. She tried to jerk out of the way, but the bullet still went through her thigh.

Natasha swore, and wrapped her garrote around the guy she'd been planning to attack before she was shot. Her bullet wound stung, but she didn't have time to lose. She punched the sixth man in the face, flipped him over, and stabbed her second knife into his leg. He groaned, not even bothering to get back up.

The red-headed woman gathered her knives, cutting off a few long strips of cloth from the fallen guard's jacket. She used them to create a makeshift tourniquet and bandage for her wound.

She tied the last knot, and then assessed her work with a critical eye. It wasn't pretty but it would have to do. She stood, a little dizzy, and started running in a slightly awkward fashion.