Chapter 4

"Time to Start"

             I couldn’t believe this! Not only was I stuck riding home with Aidan but now I find out that I have to ride home with him on the back of a motorcycle. This thing was a death trap. I hate motorcycles!

            “There is no way I’m getting on that,” I said with a panicked voice.

            “You don’t have a choice,” he said.. I really wanted to slap him.

            “I can walk home.”

            “I’m not gonna let you walk home. It’s completely safe. Trust me.”

            “How can I trust you? I don’t even know you.”

            “So? I ride to and from school on this every day. I have never been in an accident. I even have two helmets.”

            “Why do you have two helmets?”

            “In case I have to give someone a ride home. Just get on,” he said as he slung his leg over the bike. He sat down on it like he was completely comfortable. Then he smiled and turned to the side. After a few seconds he turned back to me with two black helmets, one in each hand. I wasn't sure about this but what choice did I have. I had no other way home. With a sigh I took the helmet he had extended to me but still didn’t get on.

            “Just put your hands on my shoulders and boost yourself up enough to where you can sling your leg over,” he said but this time with a genuine smile on his face. I was a little taken aback because I had never seen a genuine smile on his face. It actually made him even more handsome.

            I shook myself out of my thoughts and did what he said. I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed myself up enough to where I could easily slide my leg over the seat. Once I did I sat down and realized that it was actually kind of comfortable. As soon as I was seated right I put the helmet on my head and tried to fasten the chin strap but I couldn’t seem to get it to go right.

            “Here, let me help,” he said as he moved my hand and fixed the straps himself. For some reason every time his hand grazed my neck I would get butterflies in my stomach. Weird. After just a few seconds though he had the straps right and turned back around to fix his own helmet on his head.

            “Just put your hands around my waist and hold on tight,” I heard him say in a muffled voice.

            Without thinking about it, I did as he asked. I leaned forward and placed my arms tightly around his waist and held on for dear life. I felt him stiffen but he didn’t move away from me. All of the sudden I heard the bike rumble to life and we were zooming out of the parking lot.

            It wasn’t what I expected at all. I thought that it would be scary but it was the complete opposite. I loved it! It felt like I was free. I even kind of wished that I could take off the helmet so that I could feel the wind on my face. Before I knew it I had loosened my hold on Aidan’s waist and was letting my hand move in the breeze. I could feel Aidan’s body jerking and I knew he was laughing but I didn’t care. I was having fun.

            Before I knew it, where were pulling into my driveway. All I felt was disappointment. But when we came to a complete stop I took my hands from around his waist and slid off. When I was standing beside the bike I tried to get the straps undone but for some reason they wouldn’t come loose. As I was trying I wasn’t paying attention and all of the sudden there were two hands moving mine off of the straps. I looked up and saw that Aidan was working on the straps himself.