Chapter 22: I Want To Remember

Adanessa POV

After getting some rest, Alassëa and I are now going to check on Legolas. When we enter the room Legolas is currently staying in, he is talking with King Thranduil. They both look at us.

"I am so sorry to interrupt you, King Thranduil" I quickly apologise and bow to him. "For, we did not know you were here."

"It is all right, Adanessa. I wish to speak with you anyways. May we talk out in the hall?" He asks and I nod my head, opening the door for him.

When we are out in the hall I question, "What do you need to speak to me about King Thranduil?"

"I am really worried about Legolas. He does not remember me either. He does not even remember his own name. I have no idea what to do. I have tried talking to him about Mirkwood and the Woodland-Realm and a few other things, but he cannot remember anything. I just-- It hurts to see him so confused and to know that he does not remember me. He is all I have left." King Thranduil explains to us.

"What would you want us to do? I am willing to to anything to help." I tell him.

"Just, help me get his memories back. Please. I need my ion (son) back."

"Of courses, I was already planning on helping anyway. It is hard for me to see him this way, too." I admit, sadly, looking down at the floor.

"You really care for him, do you not?"

"Yes, I care for Legolas deeply. And my heart wishes for his memories to be returned soon. I sincerely apologise, King Thranduil. For, I feel that it is my fault that this has happened."

"It is not your fault, I promise you that. I am glad to know that you care for him. I need to lay down, do you think you could talk to him?" He asks me.

I give him a nod and tell him, "Of course."

He gives me a sad smile and turns around and walks away. I stand there for a moment before opening the door and entering the room once again.

Alassëa is still standing in the same spot. She is looking out a window. Legolas looks at me.

"Hello." He says cautiously to me.

"Hello, Legolas." When I say this I see a hint of confusion in his eyes.

"Legolas? That is my name?" He questions.

"Yes, it is." I reply and look at the ground. I see Alassëa leave the room out of the corner of my eye.

"Did I forget who you are, too?" He asks.

I look back up at him and nod my head and whisper, "Yes."

"I am sorry--" He starts to apologise but I stop him.

"No. Do not apologise. It is not your fault."

All is silent for a moment. Then he asks me a question I was not expecting him to ask.

"Do you think we could go for a walk? I mean, you could show me around and maybe I will remember. And you can talk to me about who I am and who you are. I want to remember. I also would like to get out of this room."

I stare at him for a moment. Maybe it will help him to walk around. I give him a smile.

"Sure." I tell him.

He tries to get up, but I can tell that he is having trouble. I walk up beside his bed and grab his arm.

"You good?" I ask after I have helped him stand.

"Yes, thank you."

I link my arm with his and we walk out of the door and I turn left. I want to take him to the gardens.

"So, what do you want to know first?"

"Could you tell me about who I am?"

"Sure." I tell him then begin to explain, "You are Prince Legolas of the Woodland-Realm in Mirkwood. You are the son of King Thranduil, who was with you earlier today. You are an amazing fighter and the best archer in Middle-earth. You never miss a single shot. You are kind and caring and loyal. And, you risked your life to save the life of a friend."

"Wow." He exclaims. "And, what about you? How do I know you?"

I used to live in a village in Mirkwood, we met once when I lived there. But, something happened which I would rather not explain right now. So I had to leave. Many years later we met again when I got injured by an arrow. When I was healed, I left. But it wasn't long before I saw you again. We were called to Rivendell, which is where we are right now, for a meeting with Lord Elrond. His daughter and our friend, Arwen, was taken and he need us to save her. She was in Dol Guldur. You, some others, and I all went to go save her. When we got yo Dol Guldur, you and I went to go check it out and report back what we saw. But instead. You left me and went inside. You traded places with Arwen. I wanted to go back in and save you. I really did. But there were to many Orcs. I traveled to the Woodland-Realm and told your Ada (Father) what happened and he took an army to come rescue you. A war broke out when we got here and I went searching for you. When I found you, you were unconscious and had a bad bump on your head. I rushed you back to Rivendell with the help of my friends. You almost did not make it, I was so worried. I stayed with you all night and you woke up the next day. And you didn't remember me."

"I-- I do not know what to say."

"You do not have to say anything." I tell him and think to myself,

I just need you too remember.

~~~~~~

Legolas still does not remember, but Adanessa is really trying to help! Hopefully he will remember soon. Updates are every Friday! Love you all,

~Ellethwen <3