Things Change

[Jayda‘s P.O.V.]

“Ayyee, Prodigy, good game tonight, manee!” I turned around, wiggling a bit in the grasp of my boyfriend, to see Christopher waving towards him.

“Thanks, man,” he replied, with a slight wave of his hand. He turned back to me, and pulled me closer to his chest.

“Tell me why they call you Prodigy, again?” I asked smiling at him.

Aha, he Kanye shrugged. “I pick up things quickly.” I nodded in agreement and pushed open the doors of our high school, Abington High.

“I just won the game, and now I get to be with my girl.” He led me over to his white hummer (I helped him pick it out!) and he turned around, gently leaning against it.

It was dark outside, the only light provided was from the school’s light post, which helped me to be able to see Craig better.

His hands grasped my hips, as he pulled my body closer to him, chest to chest. Our noses brushed against each other’s slightly, and our lips connected. He slid his tongue into my mouth, and I let him explore. My hands wound around his neck, and this became a total make out session.

“Whoa man. Your gonna have to get a job for some child support after that,” a voice said. My head turned to the direction of the voice, my arms still around Craig. I glared at the curly black hair, tan skinned, skinny structure, and devious smile that stood in front of me, called Justin.

I loosened my grip from Craig, and fully turned to Justin, pulling down my shirt doing so.

“What do you want, Justin?” I spat.

He put his hands up in surrender. “I’m just saying, if you’re gonna go at it, at least make it to the car first.” He laughed a bit and I crossed my arms over my chest. Craig had his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me a little closer to him in a protective manner.

I guess Justin finally realized that we both weren’t in the mood for him, and he waltzed on over to his own car.

“That guy is such a douche,” I groaned. Craig just shrugged.

“If you give him a chance, he’s less annoying.” I looked at him like he was completely insane.

“Give him a chance!? The hell with that! Do you not remember what he did to Brandie?” I yelled at him and he was still calm. That was always something that irritated me about him. I never could get him to yell back or continue an argument.

“Yes, I remember, but--”

“Then there’s obviously nothing else to say,” I said, getting into his car and slamming the door shut.

When he got into the car, I shifted my body so I was positioned away from him. My head laid against the window, which I stared out into silently. Craig just drove in silence the entire car ride.

When we reached my house, I placed my hand on the door handle, but I felt his hand on top of my other hand, and my body tensed.

“Jay-Bae, please,” his smooth voice was thick over the silence. I exhaled heavily and became more comfortable, turning towards him.

“Don’t be mad at me.”

I sighed and looked down at my hands in my lap. “I’m not mad at you, Craig.”

“Then what’s the problem?”

I started fidgeting with my hands, grabbing each finger individually.“It’s just...I don’t like Justin. He’s done so many things in the past, and I haven’t forgiven him.”