I Need You

[Brandie’s P.O.V.]
“JayJay, are absolutely positive you wanna do this?” I asked her. She nodded at me sucking in a big gulp of air. I grabbed her hand and she smiled at me. I pulled her forward, pushing the front doors open as we entered. Almost immediately, eyes were on us. God, people these days were so blunt with their expressions.

They were clearly whispering about Jayda, it was pretty obvious. The cupped hand beside the mouth, the quick glancing and the hushed tones. Only a blind, deaf, 100-year old grandpa wouldn’t know they were talking about her; even he might catch on.

I pulled her down the middle of the hall so we would attract attention. And, of course, we did. She scurried behind me, trying to hide her face of embarrassment. Oh, she was embarrassed now? Pssh, wait until she sees what I have in store for later. She may be my best friend, and I do respect her wishes, but Jayda is not the revenge type; I am.

I will do anything for this nigga right here. Anything. I do what I gotta do and wipe my hands clean of evidence.

I pondered over whether I should tell Jayda my plan; it might upset her too much. More eyes followed us as I pulled her towards my locker. Hm, perfect opportinity.

I cupped my free hand around my mouth and smirked, “YES, EVERYONE, I KNOW! JAYDA PEREZ IS BACK IN SCHOOL! NOW YOU ALL CAN SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW. THANK YOU, HAVE A NICE DAY!”

That got a few laughs from some of the guys, and Jayda got as red as Justin Bieber’s skinny jeans!

She took the lead, pulling me over beside the lockers. My back hit the metal and she awkwardly looked around. “What?” I asked.

“Brandie, what the hell was that?” she whispered, shifting her Aeropastle tote bag to her right arm.

I snorted, crossing my arms. “Oh, c’mon, Jay. You know my crazy ass isn’t gonna sit there and watch this bullshit go down like that.”

She huffed out some air, “Well, you didn’t have to do all of that. I was fine being talked about like I wasn’t standing there,” she mumbled.

“You know damn well that’s all a lie. No matter how many times you try to tell yourself, you’re not over him yet, Jayda. You and I both know it, but that’s okay.What’s not okay is how his lame ass just forgot about you like that and danced with the hoe,” I stressed. See, even though she’s my bestie, I’m not gonna lie to her about what’s real. No sugar-coated shit in my house, hell no. Straight to the fucking point!

She sighed again. “Can we just forget about that, okay? And I don’t really want it to be publicized that I’m here, even though you’ve already seemed to have made that clear.” She rolled her eyes and I smiled.

“Well, I am the bestest best friend in the school,” I flipped my hair in an obnoxious way, making her giggle.

“Of course you are, and I’m glad you’re my bestie.” She placed a genuine smile upon her face. SCORE FOR ME!

“And being my bestie, I would hope that you would agree to just leave this alone and keep your big mouth shut.” I put my hands up in surrender and pretended to zip my lips.

“I got you, boo.” She laughed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Ahh, I missed my bestie! She’s been so down because of that fucker and now she’s becoming normal Jayda again! Yay for me!

See, this is why I don’t trust boys anymore. They break you. The wanna become your everything, and then they’ll just drop you like a stripper sliding down a pole. All they do is cause you pain and suffering. What do you get outta that? Nothing. Yeah, the hugs and kisses are great, but hell, once you break up, that’s all over with.