Dance With Me

"Ughhhhh," Tina groaned as she threw herself on to her bed. She flipped through her notes again and again, muttering to herself, "No, no, no."

"Tina," Gene yelled from the other side of her bedroom door. "We've been waiting for 15 minutes for you for dinner. What are you doing in there?" 

"Just come in Gene," Tina said in her monotone voice as she flopped face first into her pillow. 

"What are you people doing in here?" Louise asked, pushing her way around Gene into the bedroom. She sat down next to Tina and continued by saying, "Come on! I'm hungry and Dad made burgers!"

"Mmm nut humphry," Tina mumbled into her pillow. 

"What?" Gene and Louise asked simultaneously. 

"I said, 'I'm not hungry'," Tina said as she sat up.

"Aww," Louise said. "Why the long face, sis?"

"I'm trying to think of someone I can ask to the dance this Saturday," Tina said as she flipped through her notes a second time.

"Why don't you ask Jimmy Jr?" Gene asked. "Don't you like him?"

"Yeah," Tina mumbled. "But Tammy already asked him and he said yes!"

"Aww," Louise said. "Poor T. But don't you have more guys that you liked hidden away in your friend fictions note books?"

"Yeah," Tina said as she pulled out her note books from her dresser drawer. "Let me get them-"

"Tina!" Bob yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm coming!" Tina said.

Tina dropped her note books on her bed and her, Louise, and Gene made their way to the kitchen for dinner.

🕐                                                             🕓                                                          🕔

"Finally!" Tina said as she, Gene, and Louise escaped the kitchen and back to her room. "Here are all of the boys I'm interested in. I like all of them, but they all have their flaws," she said as she tossed the note book to them.

Louise and Gene grabbed the note book and flipped to the first page. 

"What about Nathan?" Gene asked.

"Nah," Louise shook her head. "He used her to get another girl's attention. What was her name..."

"Pam," Tina finished. "I don't want him wandering around and asking other girls to dance with him when I'm supposed to be his date."

"What about Jonas?" Louise asked.

"Eww, no!" Gene said. "I don't like him or his melodica! It's always out of tune!" He shuddered at the thought.

"Plus, he ditched me when the police came to the light house," Tina explained.

"Fine, what about Jeff?" Tina asked.

"Tina, we already went over this! He is just. A. Shoe box!!! He isn't real!" Louise said as she face palmed herself.

"Okay, what about Jordan? He's pretty cool!" Gene said.

"No, he added a little too much spice in to my life. I just wasn't ready for it, and I don't think that I ever will be," Tina said.

"What about Josh?" Louise and Gene asked simultaneously.

"Huh, maybe? He's not that bad and he said that he really liked me..." Tina said.

"Then ask him," Louise said as she tossed Tina her phone. She just got the phone last month, it was navy blue and the phone case had a picture with zombies with hearts on it.