SIX : A white skirt and pen squirts

Today was the day! As impossible as getting 12 other family members travel-ready sounds, we did it, and we were ready to go!

I was soooo excited, I could barely sit still as we drove to the airport. Thank goodness I wasn't driving, Christina was. We needed the big truck bed to house our four giant suitcases and a few duffel bags.

"Stina, do you mind if I change the music?" Lisa asked, sitting shotgun and making a move for the aux cord.

"Yeah, whatever...just not Death of a Bachelor again." Christina said, focusing on the road.

"OH COME ON!" Lisa whined, "Just one time!"

"You can listen to it all you want on the plane."

"Please?"

"No."

I smiled and tapped Lisa on the shoulder from behind. whispering, "Just play it, and hide the aux cord, she can't take her eyes off the road anyway."

Lisa stealthily gave me the thumbs up sign. Soon enough, Panic! At The Disco started playing

"Oh for the love of pete!!"

I'm walking the long road
Watching the sky fall
The lace in your dress
Tangles my neck
How do I live

The death of a bachelor
Oh oh oh
Letting the water fall
The death of a bachelor
Oh oh oh
Seems so fitting for
Happily ever after
Whooo
How could I ask for more
Lifetime of laughter
At the expense
Of the death of a bachelo---

*cut*

"CHRISTINAAAA!" Lisa yelled as she dramatically unplugged her iPhone from the aux. Defeated.

"Simmer down guys," I continued, "Hey has anyone seen my black journaling pen?"

"Which of the millions of pens are you referring to?" Amy jokingly asked as she shifted her legs towards the window.

I squinted my eyes at her and saw the tip of the pen poking out from under her seat. "Aha, you've been sitting on it, you tiny cow!" I grabbed it from under her white skirt and noticed that the cap was off and the tip was broken. uh-oh.

"Uhm, Amy?" I said, gently nudging her.

"What?" she answered.

"Uuuhhhhhhh." I mumbled, pointing at her skirt.

She frowned, and twisted around to reveal a giant black spot that curiously resembled the state of Texas and she shrieked, spazzing out like a cat in a bathtub, We were so cramped in the backsear that I had to duck and dodge her lavender lacquered claws.

"NOOOOO! KATH! YOU SKIRT RUINER! AAAAH! WHY MEEE?! WHY MEE UNIVERSE? WHYYY?" her hands raised, facing upward at what I could only assume was the imaginary spotlight shining on her hot mess of a life. I sorta wanted to feel bad. But Amy was so theatrical i couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't you dare snicker, you skinny, humanized giraffe! What am I supposed to do now?!"

Lisa turned around to survey the scene, "Oooh. Don't worry Amy, it kinda goes with the whole country girl aesthetic you have going on. Just pray you don't run into someone from Texas at the airport because that is just one heck of a ----"

"Oh shut uuuuup." Amy said.

Christina stepped in, "Amy, just change when we get to the airport, it'll be fine.."

"But---"

"And don't forget, you're not the only one suffering a loss here," I contributed, setting up for a joke "I really liked that pen."

Amy looked at me wordlessly, and blew a raspberry in my face.

"AAAH!" I shouted, shielding myself "Amy! I'm not wearing waterproof makeup!"

Amy stopped, unable to help herself and just burst out laughing. She really wasn't one to hold grudges.

"Ahahahahah! Dang you Kath! Fine, here's a deal, when we get to the airport, you buy me a new skirt and I'll buy you your precious pen."

Hmm. I considered for a bit and nodded in agreement. Welp, that's fifty dollars down the drain.

************************************

A/N

next chapter coming up :)

b