Chapter Three: For Argument's Sake.

Hermione's POV

I sit at the kitchen table, letting Molly Weasley talk my ear off. I try my hardest to listen, but I can't help but to watch Aaron and Harry sit in silence in the living room. Everybody is on edge today.

"-and poor Ron. He won't even let me bring up Alice. He gets all sensitive about it. But, I don't blame him. I've never seen him go this crazy over a girl before. Arthur told me that he's never seen two people look so connected. Do you think they are a good couple? What is this Alice girl like?" She talks so quickly, that I don't even need to speak a word. That is, until she waits for me to answer.

What is Alice like? Well, there are many ways I could answer that...

"Alice has been through a lot. She doesn't give up easily. But, one thing I can tell you, is that she becomes a completely different person when she's around Ron. He's perfect for her," I speak quietly.

I glance over to Aaron, to be sure he's not listening in. He hates it when Alice is the topic of discussion. It always gets him in a bad mood. Fred made a comment about how he remembered her as the Veela with a nice behind, and Aaron tackled him to the ground.

Sometimes I swear Aaron can be more emotional than me. And that's saying something.

But, none of us can help getting worked up about this whole ordeal. Every time Ron brings up Azkaban, it nearly sends Harry over the edge. Harry can't stand the idea of Ron going out, without him to back him up. But, we are needed here. The Order needs us. Voldemort isn't going to take a break, so that Harry can help his friend. He's going to come at us in full force, and we need to be ready.

Still, that doesn't make anything better. The other night, I had a terrible dream about Ron and Alice. He got her out, nearly successfully. They were caught by dementors, and used as test subjects, to show what happens to those that try and break out. I woke up, sobbing, and couldn't stop. Ginny tried to comfort me, but it was no use.

"That makes me happy to hear. But, at the same time, that crushes my hope of finding Ron a new girl. He's never going to forget Alice..." She frowns, shaking her head.

No, that is one thing I know for a fact.

Then, out in the parlor, we hear Aaron let out a surprised yelp, jumping nearly a foot in the air. I can't help but to laugh as Molly and I hurry over.

Four o'clock; right on time.

"Ronald Weasley! Where in the world- Oh, Hello, Professor Dumbledore," Molly shouts, but gives a polite smile to Dumbledore.

Ron, who looks even more stressed than when we left him, steps out of the fireplace, and takes a seat beside Harry on the sofa.

"Hello, Molly, How are you doing this afternoon?" Dumbledore asks, nodding his head, with a polite smile in return.

"I've been better," She shrugs, frowning at Ron, crossing her arms.

I watch Ron, carefully, as I take a seat beside Aaron. He waits patiently for Ron to give some sort of explanation. I sit against Aaron, and he shifts in his seat, to cozy up to me. The tension between us from our argument not even fifteen minutes ago, is erased immediately.

 "I apologize for borrowing Ron, without speaking to your first, Molly. But, there was a necessary meeting that we both had to attend," Dumbledore says, taking a seat in Arthur's large chair.

A meeting? I look over to Harry, and we share a confused look. I can see the frustration growing in him as he realizes he's completely left out of what's happening, something he's not used to.