Chapter Nine: New Help?

Alice's POV

The sour smell of mold engulfs my senses, making me gag. I cover my mouth, trying to filter out all the wretched odors protruding from the soggy house I'm trapped in.

"Hurry! They're coming!" I hear a deep voice boom from the other side of the wood walls.

I push items out of my way, making a path, feeling my way in the darkness. A small ray of light shines in through a crack in the walls. I press my face against the wall, peering out into the other room.

Heavy footsteps charge into the room and I watch as a man dressed in a black cloak slams a door shut and presses his body against it, trying to keep it closed.

"My Lord, what should we-" the man asks, frantically. He looks towards me and the cloak of his hood falls, exposing his face.

I cover my mouth as I recognize the face. Big, brilliant green eyes; structured jaw-line; straight nose. A perfect mixture of Aaron and I.

"Lawrence!" The other man puts his hand up, silencing him. My father tenses up and twists his face in pain. I want to jump out and protect my father. But I'm stuck in place, as if chains were bound around my feet.

The other person in the room, a woman, turns towards my father, her face fixed in fear. Almost instantly, I recognize her as my mother. Her full lips and and perfect complexion are the give-aways. She's dressed in full black as well, but has her ash blonde hair pulled back into a braid.

"Edith, the children," My father says quietly, his eyes shifted downwards, as if in shame.

"They aren't the ones that matter right now! Don't you want to restore the sanctity of magic? Don't you know what's important?" My mother shouts at him, her eyes continue to dart back to the Dark Lord.

It's as if she slapped me across the face and spit in my eye. Aaron and I never stood a chance compared to Voldemort. He came first. They were 'protecting' the magical world, and we were insignificant.

Then with a loud blow to the door, my father goes flying backwards. He skids across the hardwood flooring. He scrambles to his feet extremely quickly, rushing to my mother's side.

Several men rush into the room, wands pointed at the cloaked figures, two of which happen to be my real parents.

"Edith!" My father shouts, directing my attention back towards them. I watch as my mother breaks from my father's grip, rushing towards Voldemort. My father hurries after her, reaching out to grab her once more.

But in a matter of seconds, everything happens. Large green sparks fly off from the end of the newcomers' wands, all pointed directly at my parents. I watch as it hits my father and mother, who become Voldemort's human shields.

As my parents crumble to the ground, Voldemort, disappears with a blink of the eye. I choke out a cry, pounding my fists on the wall.

Suddenly, much to my surprise, the wall falls beneath my force. It swings down, but before it hits the ground, crushing my parent's now-dead corpses, it turns into ashes, crumbling beneath my touch. I can't help but to let out a small yelp of surprise.

The soggy room that I was locked in before now turns to a familiar room; Professor Snape's office, back at Hogwarts. The walls lined with potions, and his familiar leather couch that Draco and I spent hours on, appears out of thin-air.