Chapter 1

"Any questions?"

"Do you have anyone you like in this class?"

"Amelyn, I'm asking if you have any questions about the lesson."

"Doesn't seem like anyone has a question and there's still time anyways" Ameyln retorted, looking at him like an eager puppy.

I don't blame her. Ameyln was rich, which meant that everyone around her sing praises about her and says what she likes to hear regardless of wether it was true. 21 years of living like this might have boosted her ego a little too much. It was apparent, however, that the teacher was unwilling to do the same.

"If I have to choose, it would be Roselle."

I tensed up. While I do like that my teacher is not some money grubbing creature, it doesn't change the fact that he had just made me the greatest enemy of the school's Queen Bee with that one sentence. Was he really so oblivious?

For the first time in years, I glared at someone. I never worked well with attention. In fact, I'd rather be invisible if I could. Noticing the daggers that I was shooting at him, the teacher hurriedly followed up.

"She's the closest to my height after all. Please, Ameyln. I would never see a student as my romantic interest. How do you expect me to judge?"

Ameyln sighed frustratedly and muttered a string of curse words. There wasn't any way for her to respond. After all, all of us have already stopped growing. At the very least, she had stopped trying to bore a hole in my face.

After the lesson ended, I stayed behind and waited until I was alone with Mr Anderson.

"Roselle? Do you have something to say to me?"

"Of course I do!" I hissed. "What did you think you were doing? Don't you know the wrath of Amelyn?"

"The wrath of Amelyn?" The teacher chuckled.

"It's not funny!"

Mr Anderson studied my face intently for a few seconds, making me squirm uncomfortably. It was the first time in a while I had a conversation with a human for such a long period of time.

"Are you afraid of Amelyn? Because she's rich?"

"What?! Why would you say that?"

"You are a scholarship student, aren't you? There are only two types of students in this school. One is the rich and the other is the poor. The scholarship students"

"Well, believe it or not, I'm not scared of Amelyn and I don't intend to suck up to her."

"I don't believe it."

I sighed, remembering why I stopped having conversations with humans. It was too troublesome.

"Then don't." I replied before walking away.