Horse Riding

Nico's POV

I sat on a chair tapping my foot staring at people who crossed my line of vision. Bianca walked over and collapsed into the chair beside me. She massaged her temples and began telling me of how she just escaped from Marcus when he appeared dragging her back into a conversation.

I looked around for Hazel and found her conversing politely with prince Frank of China. She glanced at me as he went to get drinks. We were at a royalty convention kind of thing. Where all the representatives of the kingdoms — the children of the kings and queens came to carry out plans for their parents or just socialize with other royalty folk. The meeting was being held at my place this time, in Italy.

Hazel stocked over and demanded I go talk to people. She grabbed my arm, and as princess like as she could, dragged me over to Frank. "Hello Frank," she said. "This is my brother Nico."

"Hello prince Frank," I drawled not interested. "Excuse me now I'm going to go talk to. . . " I looked around for another person, then I spotted them Prince Will of Delos —someone my dad had a deal with that I really didn't want to do, but I knew Bianca or Hazel wouldn't either so I had no choice. "Prince Will."

"Good day," Will turned to face me. "Marvelous weather."

"Yes," I agreed. "Very good for polo," I commented.

Will nodded but looked a little bit worried which confused me. "We're going to start the tour soon," I informed him. "But I'm sure Bianca could handle it, I mean she is the oldest after all."

Will frowned. "What do you mean? What will you being doing?" I smiled and grabbed his hand, which sent electricity up my arm that I ignored, and pulled him out of the ballroom.

"Follow me."

I lead him through corridors and we climbed down the stairs and out into the field. "Polo?" Will asked and I nodded confirming his suspicion.

I grinned, as a prince and being Nico di Angelo I don't smile that much but this made me happy, I always played polo especially when Percy of a city state in Greece that was especially known for being an important trading center with a major fleet.

"Do you play?" I asked opening the doors to the stables. Inside were about twenty horses all in their own stalls, there was also another stable by the opposite side of the field.

Will shrugged uncomfortably. "Yeah," he said. "But I don't much, I'm not the oldest in my family."

"Me neither," I told him. "But that doesn't matter." I took a longer look at him now that we were no longer talking. He had golden blond hair that fell into his eyes and was wearing normal prince attire — dress pants and a button up white shirt though mine was black. His blue eyes shun in the light and his skin was tan like he spent a lot of time in the sun.

I did put really enjoy outdoors except for playing polo and riding horses with Hazel and Bianca but I usually ride alone at night, which was ironic cause my favorite horse was named Midnight. Hazel's was Misty and Bianca's was Sugar.

"I don't enjoy playing that much," he admitted. "I'm terrible and my siblings don't have the patience to teach me." He smiled shyly and stared into space when Sugar butted her head out of the stalls. Will grinned and petted her head, "but I do love horses."

"Me too. And if you want I could teach you to play."

His eyes lit up and he stopped petting Sugar. "Really?" Will asked and I nodded. Then his face fell, "I - I don't have ridding equipment," he said rubbing the back of his neck, blush started to form on his checks.

"It's fine," I assured him. "You can borrow some of mine. And the clothes . . . we have some extra that might fit you."

In about ten minutes Will and I were prepared and I was helping him choose a horse. "Well, Sugar seems to like you but Misty is usually the friendlier one."

"Anyways," I stopped myself before I strayed from the topic. "I think you could ride Sugar Bianca is more okay with letting people ride her horses than Hazel."

"Okay," Will agreed and I opened Sugar's stall. I let her out and attached her saddle. Then Will climbed on her and grasped the reins. "Where's your horse?" He looked down at me since he was a lot higher, not mentioning that he was already taller than me before he was on the horse.

"Well," I said. "Since I'm very important my horse has its own stall in a tiny stable to the left so follow me." I walked out the stable doors as Will guided the horse behind me making sure it wouldn't go too fast that it would run me over.

I stopped at another stable and pushed open the doors introducing Will to Midnight. Sugar neighed excitedly as she caught sight of Midnight and he neighed back. "Hey boy," I patted his head. "We're gonna ride today." I let him out of the stall and saddled him up, then I proceeded to climb on steering us out of the stall.

"Ready Will?" I asked, fighting my hold on the reigns.

"Ready," he replied pulling the reigns on Sugar as well. The doors to the field from Midnights stable were pushed open and I started forward.

"GO!"

A/N: This royalty au was the result of me being bored and stuff at a. . . polo club, so yeah. I'm not sure if I should continue it or just leave it as a oneshot cause I'm kind of fond of it and it's long so you should enjoy it too. This is how I imagine Will and Nico so please no hate if you think they'd do differently.