chapter two | moving out and party plans

CHAPTER TWO | MOVING OUT AND PARTY PLANS

AS EMMY UNPACKED HER things in her new room she couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt and shame run through her. She sat on her new bed as she contemplated if she's going to call her mother or not when her sister walks into her room and sits next to her.

Betty took the phone out of Emmy's hand, "Let mom calm down and call her tomorrow. Okay?" Emmy nodded, "Anthony's going to be home in a few hours and he can't wait to meet you," Betty smiled widely towards her sister.

"It's about time I get to meet him," Emmy nudged her arm, "How long have you two been toge—" Emmy gets cut off by her phone's ringtone.

Betty looked at the contact and smiled, "Looks like your little boyfriend is calling," Betty answered the call and put the phone speaker.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Seriously, Emmy what's going on? I just got home from practice and I get a call from your mother who's in hysterics because you moved out with your sister?" Sebastian yelled into the phone.

Emmy sighed, "You won't understand," she pauses, "I found something out about my mom today that makes me question everything, okay? I left to clear my head and I'll be able to think clearly if I'm out of the house."

"What'd you find out?" Sebastian questioned, trying to hide his guilt and curiosity.

"I found out that my mom's a racist," Tears started forming in Emmy's eyes and Betty started to rub her back.

Sebastian sighed in relief, which made Betty suspicious, "Oh."

"Oh? That's all you have to say?" Emmy's eyebrows knit together.

"Well, so what if your mom doesn't like black people? She's still the same person you know and love," Sebastian explained.

"I'm sorry, what? So you think I shouldn't care that my mom hates people because of the color of their skin? What is this the 50s?"

"Okay, forget what I said," Sebastian paused, "Anyway, that's not why I called. I called because my brother just opened his new club and we should go check it out."

"Did you forget that we're underage?" Emmy asked.

"I know the bouncer and I already talked to him so we're fine."

"I don't think I should," Emmy looked at her sister, "Plus, I just found something out about my sister and I think I should stay with her."

Sebastian sighed, "Invite her and her new boyfriend and if they have any friends interested in coming to tell them to invite those too."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, anything to get you to come." Sebastian paused, "I just really want to go out with you tonight. I feel like I haven't seen you in so long."

Emmy and Betty rolled their eyes at his words, "Fine, I'll go. What time are you picking me up?"

"Um, about that. I'm sending a driver to pick you up because I have to help my brother with some things." Sebastian paused, "Listen, I have to go so I'll see you tonight. Okay? Text me when you get to the club."

Emmy let out an 'Okay' and Sebastian ended the call. "So, we're going out tonight?" Betty teased.

Emmy laughed, "I guess we are. Do you think that Sebastian was acting weird or is it just me?"

Betty looked down at her knees then back at Emmy, "He kind of is but maybe it's because of his brothers' club launch. He could just be under a lot of stress and pressure to help his brother."

❀❀❀

Emmy has never been a party person, or at least she never thought she was. She was never given the opportunity to find out if she enjoyed partying because her mother thought it would ruin her precious daughters' reputation. Reputation, there it is again, the word that has been shoved so far down her thought she doesn't know how to get it out. She wants to though, she wants to be able to forget about her reputation and be able to live like a regular teenage girl her age. A girl that parties, drinks, has sex—oh my god how badly she wants to have sex—and overall, she just wants to be carefree. Tonight, she thinks to herself, tonight is the night she's going to loosen up. She wants to know how it feels to have one night to live without consequences.

Emmy lets out a sigh as she goes through all her 'party' dresses to wear tonight. Sadly, she hasn't found anything that is club worthy. Instead of dwelling on the fact that her mother makes her dress like a nun, she decided to go to her sisters' room to see if she had any clothes that were acceptable for the club.

"Betty," Emma started as she made her way to her sisters' room, "I don't have anything to wear for tonight."

Emmy could hear Betty open her closet as she cracked a laugh. "I might have something for you to wear," She paused as Emmy walked in. Betty went through some clothes and pulled out a tight short cream skirt and a spaghetti strapped body suit where the straps cross in the back. "Do you have shoes for this? Cause there's nowhere in hell you're going to be able to wear my shoes."

Emmy lets out a small laugh and nods, "Yeah I have shoes that match. Thanks, Betty, you're really the best." Emmy takes the clothes from her sister and pulls her into a hug.

"Of course I'm the best," Betty laughs, "And don't worry about it, it's not your fault that mom dresses you like a little girl. We can go shopping this weekend to give you a new wardrobe."

Emmy pulls away and smiles, "That actually sounds great. Now let's great ready."

"Mentally or physically?"

"Both."

A/N: i'm so sorry for taking so much time to post this, i really am, but uni has been so hectic. i know that isn't an excuse and i sincerly apologize that.