2

Chapter 2

Light's P.O.V.

I laid in my bed, waiting for the alarm clock to go off. I woke up early again, and to that weird dream too...It's of a man laying on stairs, he sort of looks like me but I can never tell because his hair is messy and covers parts of his face, he's also wounded, I'm guessing shot because of the holes in his clothes. He's talking to another man with shaggy black hair who almost seems to be... glowing? I can't hear what their saying but, the conversation seems to be one sided, the man with black hair doesn't even react to anything the other says... this goes on until the man on the stairs smiles and closes his eyes, the other smiles back, and begins to walk towards him, he grabs his hands and leans his face closer to his. Suddenly a white light appears and I wake up...

I had these dreams before, but recently its been more frequent--

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

...Whatever, I don't have time to be worrying about dreams. I get off my bed and get dressed for school, my first day as a third year... after this I'll be off to college.
On my way down the stairs I feel my phone vibrate, A text, this early?... I might have an idea of who's it is

"Good Morning Light!!~~♡
I bet you woke up early as always so I sent this message, but where I'm at now doesn't have a very good signal so this might get to you late \(;'□`)/I'm heading over to your house so we can walk to school together, that's OK right?
Well see ya!!~~(。・ω・。)♡♡
~Misa"

Ding Dong

...No... It can't be her how did she-

"I'll get it!" Sayu ran from the kitchen to the door

"Ah! Misa!!"

"Morning Sayu-chan!"

Both entered as I got downstairs

"Light!!" She glomped me, she seems as cheery as ever... I guess that's a good thing. To be honest Miss is a close friend, one of my only friends other than Takada. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm completely antisocial I talk to people at school but... Misa and Takada are different, they hang around me all the time even if I don't want them to. Misa keeps telling everyone we're going out. It's getting annoying since now I have to explain to everyone that we're not...

I sigh

"Ah! Misa, Good morning!!" my mom came from the kitchen "would you like to stay for be breakfast?"

"I'd love-"

"Actually mom... we need to get going" I interrupted them, I grabbed Misa and dragged her to the door

"But Liiiight! I wanna have breakfast!!"

"We're going to be late Misa!" I shut the door behind us

"Light!" Takada called out. She came too? I looked at her and she pouted, crossing her arms.
"We would have been here earlier but Misa just had to take her sweet time... And she kept taking different routes to try and loose me-"

"Did not!" Misa protested

"Will you two stop fighting... it's way too early for this-"

"It's not my fault you couldn't keep up with my pace!! You're too much of a slowpoke Takada!"

"You were walking fast in purpose!!"

Here we go...

We were finally arriving at school and after a couple if insults, they were done, and nothing was left but awkward silence. I should try and change the subject, but to what?.... Ah, that's right

"Hey Misa.. Didn't you say something about some new exchange students the other day?" She should know something about this since she's always up to date to the latest news in school.

"Oh! That's right the new students... Eh, I actually haven't had time to research them-"

"Research? I didn't know you liked to stalk people, jeez you're just as creepy as ever"

"Mind your own businesses Takada!!...As I was saying, I didn't have time to find out more about them... Oh! But I think I remember my friend mentioning one of them...Something with an L?"

An L?... I stopped walking and grabbed my chest, my heart was pounding like crazy

"Hey... Light are you OK?" Takada asked

"I-I'm..."

I looked ahead to the front of the school, where a black limousine had parked, next to the cherry blossom trees out school had. 4 guys were standing in front of it talking to an older man... One of them caught my attention in particular.

"L?"

To Be Continued