Dix | n o w

I have crossed Oceans of Time to find you.

- Dracula
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

August 1359

I have noticed a difference in my siblings.

Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our lives as vampires.

Each day removes them farther from the humanity we once possessed.

My old friend, Louis, who has become part of my family, struggles with the inner demon I had forced upon him. But yet he chooses to stay by my side and knows how to fight it when he must.

My sweet sister Rebekah had grown quite indifferent to brutality.

However the true problem remains my brother Niklaus.

He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. I can still see how his eyes burn at the mention of Marcella's name.

Still I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path.

A path charged with the power of a family united...

For if I fail, our families legacy will end in darkness.

*

"I can not believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah answered and turned to Klaus and the Camelots. "Was I suppose to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl, who's carrying my child." Niklaus answered. "I am moved by you fatherly ways towards the werewolf carrying a bun in her oven." Rebekah sarcastically said, making Louis and Niklaus chuckle.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley said walking in. Athena turned to her and gave her a smile. Hayley smiled softly back before turning to Niklaus and Rebekah. "Well that depends on what plan you mean, love. My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Niklaus said. Rebekah gave a sarcastic smile, before throwing a paint brush at Niklaus, to which he caught before it could hit him. "You can throw what you like but don't ruin my brushes." Athena said and stood to take the brush out of Niklaus's hand. Niklaus looked down at her, letting a small smirk fall on his lips before returning his attention to the others.

"The plan to rescue Elijah." Louis said, turning to Hayley who gave him a nod. "The one who is in the possession of you mortal enemy because you stabbed him in the back." Hayley added. "The front actually." Niklaus interrupted. "You three said you would get him back. So is there a plan or what?" Hayley asked, looking at the Originals and the Camelots. "Ok." Niklaus said and turned to go and sit in the chair at a desk. "Firstly. Marcel is not my enemy. He's my friend. Who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend none the less. Secondly I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place Elijah in the hand of a nasty teenage witch, I certainly would've weighed my options. And thirdly, sister." He turned to Rebekah.

"And thirdly," Rebekah started. "The plan, as you so demanded, is for Niklaus to ask for Elijah back." She added, leaving Hayley stunned. "That's not the whole plan is it?" Hayley asked. "Oh please," Rebekah cut short. "Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." She said. "Also to add to Marcel's trust. Louis have expected to join me and let Marcel know that they too are among friends with the other." Niklaus interjected. Hayley still stood shock.