Chapter 3

Liam POV

One year ago.

It seems crazy.

And the worst part is, we didn't even know what was happening.

I wonder if she was in pain, or if the doctors had pretty much drugged her enough so she didn't feel a thing.

We'd changed since she

left.

Not so much our personalities as our appearances. These days, if Zayn shaves he looks way younger and Louis has started dressing like his old self.

The Louis I met on the Xfactor.

In ways, I'd say Niall has changed the most.

And who knows, maybe its his way of trying to move on.

Whatever it is, none of us look any different than the day she

left

today, with our jackets bundled around us to block out the rain and tears on all of our faces.

'Here lies a princess from all angles you could see her from.'

Niall picked that.

Said he would never forget her.

Didn't want to. None of us do.

As we just stood there, remembering and thinking, I noticed a dark figure walking towards us.

He was hunched over in the rain, no jacket to keep him warm.

Something told me it was time for us to go, before he got there.

So I pat Harry on the shoulder, pointing towards the vehicle. He nods and pulls louis' arm to make him follow.

The older lad seems numb, following along like a zombie.

Both their faces wet with tears and the rain.

Zayn and I make eye contact, and I gesture for him to follow the others.

He blinks and wipes his face before patting Niall on the shoulder and following Louis and Harry.

"Niall, mate, lets go back to your flat. We should get out of the rain." I said

He didn't answer. even with the rain, you could see the tears on his face. I didn't want to think of how hard this was for him.

So instead I pulled on his arm, trying to make him move.

He didnt.

I said his name again, but he didn't do anything.

I grabbed him by both shoulders and shook. 

Tears ran faster down his face as he looked at me. Pain was the only emotion on his face.

"I'll be there in a minute Liam." he whispered.

So he'd heard me, he just didn't want to go. 

I glanced back, the stranger was even closer. 

"Fine..." I said and turned to walk back to the car.

Niall POV

Gone.

 She's gone.

Move on Niall, cmon. She wouldn't want this. 

I shook my head and ran the back of my hand across my face, sniffling. I can't believe how much I'm crying. 

I turn just in time to see Liam get in the car with the others. They are probably talking about me. 

I don't blame them. If Perrie was to just

leave

I don't know what Zayn would do. 

To say the least, I'm a wreck right now. 

A man appeared right next to me, making me jump.

"Holy shit, mate, where'd you come from?" I gasped, my voice tight sounding. 

He didn't reply, just pointed to Jay's grave and said

"Did you know her?"

I froze.

"DID YOU KNOW HER?" he yelled. 

His face had a shabby beard, lines and wrinkles. His eyes were plain brown, his hair starting to grey.

His arms scared me more, though. Scabbed and thin. Like he'd been pinching his skin, or pressing something long and thin down to his muscle. 

It made me angry.

"Know her? I LOVED her!" I shouted back at him.

"Liar! YOU LIE" He yelled back

"HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

"BECAUSE I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVED HER!"

That made me stop. This- this man knew Jay?

Some sort of realisation came to the man, as his eyes went wide and his mouth dropped open.

"Y-youre the one... You're the one who took her away from me. YOU TOOK MY BABY GIRL!" He screamed.

My heart shattered, again.

Not for this man, but for his life.

Jay's father.

He lunged towards me, hands outstretched and I did the only thing that seemed natural.

I punched him.

And he collapsed, out cold. A bruise on his head was already forming where I'd hit him. 

So I ran.

________________________________________________________________

A/N be proud, I'm writing this instead of studying for my quiz tomorrow.

I feel like a rebel.