8| but lying's all ive learned

POV // Ashley Bone//

"Ashley, your mom is here to pick you up for the day." i rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack from the floor.

"great." i rolled my eyes and rushed out of the classroom, avoiding the stare from Tatum. i took my time walking down the empty hallway, dreading meeting my therapist.

my therapist. that scared me for some reason. i felt like i was crazy or weird to have to go to a therapist. maybe i should give him a chance.

i finally made my way into my mom's minivan and shut the door tightly.

"Ashley, are you okay?" my mom looked at me before starting the car up again.

"yeah. awesome." i replied and looked out of the window. the trees around the road looked dead, even though they were a beautiful green color. i couldn't see the beautiful silence in the trees.

we took the rest of the ride in silence. my mom took her time getting to the small office building with a pathway of small, white flowers. we walked into the waiting room as my mom checked me in. we sat in silence as we waited for a signal for me to go into Dr. Rylee's office. there were a couple other people in the waiting room, one mother with her child who was around the age of 12 and a teenage girl that looked about 18 years old.

"Ashley Bone?" i gulped and looked at my mother, gesturing towards the man with a clipboard. i rolled my eyes at her and got to the doorway. i felt bold and mad, so as soon as i got next to the man, i turned to my mother. she was staring right at me and barely smiled. i bumped my fists together and let only my middle fingers rise up. i smiled at her shocked expression and turned to walk into the small room.

i sat down on the small, surprisingly comfortable couch, and crossed my legs. he looked at me up and down, making me feel self cautious. i straightened my posture and stared at the man who looked in his 30's. his hair was starting to be a bit white and he only had a bit of stubble on his chin and upper lip. he looked young, but worn out.

"i saw what you did back there to your mother, but she never mentioned to me that you have behavioral issues on a daily basis." he finally spoke. i looked into his brown eyes with boredom and despair.

"i was holding it in for about 10 years. i had to do it sometime." i replied, smug.

"so what you're really here for is self harm, depression?" he looked at his clipboard then back up at me.

"i guess. is that what my mom told you?" he nodded and stared at me.

"tell me how your day was, Ashley." he looked at me with deep pity and sorrow.

"i don't know you." i replied and looked out of the small window, staring at a tree that swayed with the wind like it was dancing.

"well tell me about yourself and i'll tell you about me." he said. i looked back at him and let out a small laugh.

"my name is Ashley Carol Bone. i was born in Ohio and have lived here for my whole life. im 17. apparently im here for self harm and depression, and im sure thats the part of my life you want to hear about. but you know what? i was doing fine until my mom found out i was depressed and cut myself. i actually have two great friends right now who im sure can help me a lot more than anyone else can, including you."

Doctor Rylee gulped and looked at me deeply. "when did your depression start, if you dont mind telling me."

"oh i mind, but i know that if i dont tell you i'm not going to get anywhere."

"youre a smart girl, Ashley."

"i guess it started when i was in the seventh grade. people thought i was weird because i listened to punk rock music, so i got very insecure about that. i met some new friends who also happened to like the same music as i did. the problem was, these people brought me down in a different way, my physical appearance. that's when... things got bad." i gulped and looked up at Dr. Rylee. his expression was disgustingly satisfied.