Chapter II

So today is the day my parents leave. All my friends left already.
"Thank you so much, Kiera. We really appreciate it that you could help taking care of Beverly in our absence." Mom said.
"Yeah, just as much as I would appreciate it if I was looking forward to my certain death." I said. "Beverly! I'm so sorry, Kiera." my mom said, and I just rolled my eyes.
"It's okay, Beverly, I promise to take good care of you." Kiera said "Yeah, you say that every time. Lord, you may take me anytime now." I added. "She's just upset that she's not going. Don't worry, Beverly, we will be back very soon." my dad said, and I just looked at him without saying a word.
"You can trust me, darling. Beverly is in safe hands. You should really go now, you don't want to miss your flight." Kiera said and I added "Sure, as if you cared so much." my mom just ignored me and both my parents kissed me goodbye. "Have a safe trip." I said.

When my parents left, Kiera looked at me and gave me a big smile. I just looked at her a bit suspicious. "I'm not afraid to dial 911." I said. Kiera shook her head and sighed and said,
"Oh, darling, when are you going to understand that I mean ya no harm. I feed you and take care of you." and lit a cigarette.
"You're not taking care of me if you keep smoking those damn cigarettes. Don't complain when you get lung cancer 'cos I'm not bringing you flowers." I said. "Oh, I don't need your flowers." she said "You better not light one of those in here again or I will stomp down every box you have inside this house. Because let me remind you, that even though you're taking care of me, you're still in my house and it's still my rules against yours. And I will not let your mediocricy harm me, because I will drown you instead." I said. She stood quiet and I got my duffel bag and headed for the door. "Where are you going?" she asked. "To the park, where there's something called Oxygen and I can breathe. It stinks like death in here. Have fun inhaling it." I said and closed the door.