4. A Pool of Tears

The coffee induced too much energy into the rest of them, so I followed them back to the campground and took off to my cabin where I changed into my white with silver sequins bikini. Blake had run off to her own, so we met up outside the cabins afterwards with her in a red one piece. Not nearly as sexy as mine.

"You sure you don't want to stay inside and sleep? We will totally understand," Blake said gently, offering me a warm smile.

"Don't want me there?"

"You know that's not the case. I just want to make sure you're comfortable and up for a mini pool party." Blake laughed and took my hand, leading me back to the pool where everyone waited for us before going in. Blake ran off towards Zach and Tyler, while I lingered behind anxiously. They have all been friends since day one, and being the new girl isn't the easiest task, as accepting as they all are.

I walked over to Kacie with a tiny smile. I hadn't talked to her yet and I was full on prepared to. Any details regarding Blake and Zach could prove more than beneficial. "Hi, Kacie, right?"

She gave me a sweet smile. "Yeah, welcome to camp. I'm from town."

I nodded, trying to feign interest. "Awesome. Seems like a quiet place to live."

"Oh, it is, until your friends decide to make noise in your yard," she said with an annoyed grimace.

I rose an eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"Blake and Zach like to sneak into my yard when they know my parents won't be home," she explained with a simple roll of her eyes.

"That must suck," I commented, though my insides cringed with disappointment. That is so not what I wanted to hear. Quickly wanting to change the subject, I asked, "How do you all know each other?"

"Blake, Tyler, Maevis, and Andy know each from camp. Blake goes to the Hayesville high school, so that's where she met Zach, Ross, and me. We all kind of just stick together, especially during the summer," she said with a sort of annoyed tone. I could not place what it was directed at, though.

I let out a tiny laugh. "Yeah, you all seem so connected. I'm surprised the owners let you guys just come in, though."

At this, Kacie began laughing her head off, like Blake is so prone to do. "We used to have to sneak in, and they constantly kicked us out. Now, we are just welcomed, honorary members."

I nodded, not knowing where to go from there, or how any of this information would help me. "Cool."

"How do you know us, though?" she asked, demandingly.

"Blake's cabin is next to mine," I informed her. "We kind of became fast friends."

Kacie let out a bitter laugh. "Blake has that effect on people. She's charismatic and her body is generous in places mine has never been, so she always get the boys."

"I detect jealously," I said with a tiny laughter, and she laughed along, not bothering to even deny it.

"We're friends, but only because we have mutual friends. I love Ross, Andy, Tyler, and the rest of them. It's only her that I have a problem with. Something just seems off about her," Kacie said with a tiny shrug.

I shrugged her comment off. "Guess I haven't noticed anything strange."

"You will, now let's head into the water," Kacie promised, pulling me along, and pushing me in. It is such a good thing that Georgina and I learned how to swim when we were younger, otherwise, I would have drowned.