Part 2: A Concered Friend

The girl was asleep in his arms as he walked forward, seeking out the only person he trusted. "Serif? Serif, are ye out there?" In an instant, the man appeared in a puff of blue smoke, smiling. "What's up, mister watcher?" He fluffed up the collar of his bloodstained hoodie, wiping his hands on it.

"Please don' call mey that- look, that's not important righ now. Aye found this little girl in the woods. She was wailin an' cryin, an' Aye knoh Aye shouldn't mess with tha humans but there was noh one around fur her an' if Aye hadn't a' done anything tha wolves would've gotten tuh her an-" "Lemme see her."

Helvetica set the child in Serif's arms, using another arm to scratch his neck. "Well... she's still in single digits, I can tell... 8, maybe? 7?" Helvetica used his lower arms to place on his hips and the upper set to stroke the child's hair.

"She's all alone..." Helvetica whispered. Serif blinked up at him, his smile gone. "I think she wants you." The child was figiting in her sleep, frowning. He took her from Serif, holding her securely in his two sets of arms. She calmed down, grabbing onto one of his arms and snuggling with it.

"She likes you." Serif giggled, elbowing Helvetica jokingly.