(1) Tragedy

Songs:

Plumb- Cut

Andrew Belle- Open Your Eyes

>>> Please vote >>>

Anna POV:

The door swung open, everyones heads jerking up in harmony.

"Can I help you Miss Glade?" My professor curtly prompted.

The class grew silent as my eyes scanned over the woman suspiciously.

"Can I see Annabella?" the woman nodded in my direction before looking behind me, "And Declan."

You know that moment before something awful is about to happen? It's like I could feel it- that unsettling in the pit of my stomach.

I didn't know who she was or why she was here but-

It's like I somehow knew the moment the door opened, it was me she was here for.

Well and Declan, which made no sense because I barely knew him besides the fact that he was Trevor's friend-

Trevor.

My lips trembled as slipped out of my seat, my eyes briefly meeting Declan's which seemed to withhold the same unsettled nerves as we processed what we both had in common besides nothing at all.

My steps seem to move in slow motion and after what feels like an hour I find myself seated in a small room, two stairs before a tiny desk.

I watch as she shuffles papers.

Out of my peripheral vision I see Declan run his hands down his thighs anxiously.

I can't take the silence anymore, it's deafening.

"Why are we here?" I ask softly, trying not to sound rude, my voice trembling because it doesn't feel right.

Nothing about this felt right.

The corner of her lips twitched, brow narrowing.

"I-I'm sorry to pull you two out of class."

"It must be important." I nod uneasily, putting on a mask despite my nerves.

"Yes."

"Very urgent actually." She muses aloud but withholds to elaborate.

I stare back at her for what feels like the longest second of my life before she says the words that will come to shake my world.

"It's Trevor."

I couldn't even blink, every part of me hanging onto her words, couldn't breathe as Declan's voice sounded from the seat to my left.

"Yeah he's my mate. What about him?" Declan naively asks.

I want to close off my ears so I don't have to hear it.

I don't know what's coming but I can feel it in my chest.

It's bad.

"I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this-"

"No," I shake my head only prolonging the inevitable.

"Don't say it." I warn.

"He passed this morning."

I squeezed my eyes shut as a pain coursed through my body, one I didn't know it was possible to feel.

Out of the corner of my eye as a tear streamed down my cheek my eyes opened just enough to catch Declan nod.

How the hell can he be okay with this.

This can't be right.

He's fine. He's fine. He's-

"If there's anything I can do..."

"HE IS FINE. TREVOR IS FINE. MY BOYFRIEND IS STILL ALIVE." I scream slamming my palms down against the arms of the chair.

"Annabella sit back down please. You're overwhelmed-"

"D-Don't tell me how I feel," I point at her accusingly as my chest convulses, struggling to speak when my hearts breaking down inside my chest.

My hand covers my mouth to try to muffle my pathetic whimpers as it hits me more and more.

"It's okay-"

"No," I shake my head frantically.

My head starts to feel lighter, the room to small.

I'm suffocating, unable to think to ask how, when, or why.

All I know is I have to get out.

I have to escape the walks closing in around me.

"Wait."

My hands on the door knob.

"Where are you going?" The female voice calls from behind.

I don't look back.

As soon as my body passes through the wooden frame my feet trod against the tiled blocks in the empty hall.

A male voice calling from behind but it doesn't stop me.

I may not be able to see past the tears that cloud my vision, but inside I know there's no defined path that once was.

I don't make it to the door though.

My body physically collapses half way to the exit. My mind already circled in a fogged shadow.

I bury my head against my knees, pulling them into my chest.

"Breathe," a voice reminds me in a low raspy voice.

I look up expecting to see his face.

His blue eyes.

Blonde swept hair.

Warming smile.

But all I see through my clouded vision is a pair of deep green eyes, sympathetic, understanding, broken, but not surprised.

Not broken like I.

"Breathe." He says again.

But I can't.

I'm hyperventilating.

And every second a weight presses harder against my chest making it impossible to breathe.

To the point where all I see is black.

My world without Trevor is nothing but darkness.

I loved him.

And now he's just-

Gone.

*

Please add to ur reading list (:

Damsel In Distressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें