Chapter 2

Hayes's POV

I wake up and look at the blurry clock rubbing my eyes. It's 2:36 in the morning and I can hear a weird noise coming from Maddi's room. I stand up and open the door and walk to her bedroom to see her tossing and turning with tears streaming down her face. She's having another bad dream I know it. I walk over to her bed and sit on the side and shake her arm.

"Maddi wake up.. Wake up." She bolts up all of a sudden startled and still crying. "Hayes mom and dad they sold me to a man and he was beating me and doing bad things to me.. " She said.

"Maddi I promise I'll never ever let them do that to you. Are you okay now?" She nods slightly.
I pull up the covers and climb under pulling her in my arms and rubbing her back. She lays her head on my chest wrapping her arms around me.

"Hayes I bet when you get a girlfriend she'll be really lucky because you'll treat her like you do me and it's nice." She smiles a little up at me. I just laugh at her and play with her hair until she falls asleep. I wrap my arms around her back and eventually fall asleep.

Nash's POV

I wake up and run to Hayes's room and jump on his bed but he's not even in here. Hmm I go to Maddi's room and quietly open the door and there he is with his arms around her back and her head on his chest. They look so cute awwww. 😌 She probably had another bad dream and Hayes is always there for her. I close the door and go downstairs to make waffles for everyone but Maddi, she likes pancakes.

Hayes's POV

I wake up with Maddi still on my chest sleeping and the delicious smell of waffles in my nose.

"MADS WAKE UPPPPP!!!" I scream and she jumps up startled. She hits my chest and smacks me in the head with a pillow and runs downstairs I bet for Nash.

"I'LL GET YOU MADS!! " I yell and I just hear her laugh and yell NEVVERRRR!!!!

Maddi's POV

Right now Nash is my only hope. I run in the kitchen hiding myself behind him.

"What'd you do this time Mads?" Nash chuckles shaking his head.

" Umm I may have hit Hayes in the head with a pillow.." At that moment Hayes makes it in the kitchen trying to grab me but Nash grabs him and yells for me to run. I dart up the stairs but trailing me is Hayes and Nash. Hayes eventually grabs my foot and starts tickling it and I scream for Nash.

"NASH HELP.. ME!!! " He quickly comes to my rescue and pulls Hayes off of me and acts like he's picking his nose and going to wipe it on him. Hayes shrieks like a little girl and runs down the stairs and sits at the kitchen table.  Nash and I both walk down the stairs laughing really hard. I take my seat in between Hayes and Nash and start eating my pancakes. Mom and dad come out and take their seats on the other side of the table and start eating.

"Hey mom when is Skylynn coming home?" I ask. She looks up and goes to speak but dad answers for her. "She'll be here later today maybe around four." I nod and finish eating my pancakes. When everyone is done eating mom and dad go watch TV and we go outside to play.

"Soooo like what do we want to play? " Nash asks. I think for a minute and say hide and seek. They both nod and Hayes and I both say not it so Nashy has to count to 25.

"Guysss I always count first." He whines. "Wellll if you weren't such a loser maybe you wouldn't have to." Hayes tells him and we both laugh before he starts counting.

Where to hide..where to hide. Hmm I've got it I dart to the woods behind the house and climb one of the highest trees and right when I make it to the top Nash announces that he's ready to come find us. He looks for a while and finds Hayes in Sky's dollhouse like the little girl he is. They both walk around for about ten more minutes trying find me and Hayes finally spots me in my tree.

"NASH I FOUND HER!!" They both run up to the tree and demand I climb down. So I do but on the way down a branch breaks and the next thing I know is everything is black and I hurt.

~Whitney💙

Is she okay?!! Find out!! 😳😳