Sterling and The Baker - 1

Dear Reader, 

          Hello. My name is Sterling Williams. I was named Sterling by my originalmaster, who was a nature god, for my silvery-white fur and hair. I suppose youmight be confused as to why I said fur. If I lost this and just happened tolose this then I should explain. But also if I gave this to you I shouldclarify as to what I am. I'm a cat yokai, and I work as a familiar. Well, atleast I did work as a familiar until my master was stripped of his powers andmade into a human man over nine centuries ago. I still cared for him and aidedhim after his transformation though. Despite being a mortal and having nopowers I owed him so much more than what I could offer.

          You see gods most often have lion-dog familiars, or something with extreme strength, but my master was actually allergic and afraid of them. He had come across me when I was a little kitten and he decided to turn me into a yokai and make me his familiar. But you see, William was so much more than just the god I was to serve. He was like a father to me, having raised me and cared as much for me as I did him. I still miss him dearly, but sadly I cannot change the past and I am not sure if he would want that, even if I could.

          I suppose you might be wondering about my name. It is masculine for a female,I know. But you see, William named me when I was very young and you can't alwaysbe sure of a kitten's sex when they are only a few weeks old, as I was. Hecalled me Sterling, thinking I was male, but he grew so fond of my name andthought it fit me so well he decided not to change it after he found out I was female.Also, currently last names are rather important so I decided to use a slightalteration of his first name as my last name. 

          Oh dear...I seem to have gotten off track. Um. Ok so if you found thisafter I lost it, though I don't think I will lose this, I should describe my appearanceto you. So, I'm female, 5' 3'' tall exactly, have red-brown eyes, pale skin,white hair, white cat ears and a white cat tail, oh and I also have a long scarrunning from my right eyebrow down to my left cheek. I prefer to wear looserfitting clothes, and because of my flat chest other usually mistake me for amale, even more so because I keep my hair styled short. I'm also really farsighted so I have to wear glasses. Right now they're pretty old and broken butI hope I can get new ones soon. 

          Um let's see... I was a Norwegian Forest cat before so I guess you couldsay I'm Norwegian? I don't exactly remember if William's shrine was actually in Norway so I'm not sure. I feel badfor not remembering. But it was around 900 years ago that we lived theretogether, and I know for a fact that his shrine was destroyed very soon afterhe was turned mortal. We had lived there for several hundred years and it brokemy heart to see it crumble right in front of us. Oh, you might be wondering howold I look, huh? Well even though I'm almost two millennia old, oh by the way that'sabout 2000 if you didn't know, I actually look like I'm 18. William couldn't figureout why I stopped physically ageing at that point, usually its around 20 or 25that the aging process stops, but I like to think his magic was just a littletoo strong without him knowing. 

          Um, ok. So if I gave this to you then I either have a reason I can't speakor am just being too shy about it. Sorry if it's the later, I'm not the bestwith others and I don't trust extremely easy. The reason being is about 100years after William passed a witch came to possess me. She was very cruel buthad me under a binding spell so I couldn't leave. I had thought she was kindand nice before but that was all a dirty trick to make me her slave. She's theone who gave me the scar on my face as well as many others on my back andpretty much everywhere else on my body. If I stay with you over night, please don'tbe alarmed if you hear me crying at night. I often wake up from night mares ofthe, almost, 200 years I spent with her. Luckily for me she was killed by a witchhunter, who let me go after treating my most recent wounds. 

          So at the time of writing this I'm still trying to find somewhere tolive and maybe find someone to work for as a familiar. But there's so few godswho need familiars that it's been hard. Especially seeing as I'm not verystrong and am really only good for cooking, cleaning and things like that.

          So, I think that really covers me. Bye for now. 

~Sterling ♥