Sing It Out

The past hour of my life was filled with a gut wrenching silence.

Once Dr. Death Defying delivered the news of change, Electric Eclipse casually walked out muttering something about 'space'.

So, we left her in the sleeping quarters for a while as Jet Star gave Jade a tour of the beat up diner.

She looked revolted and intrigued by how we live our lives, her smokey eyes were flowing with the brand new information that her brain is slowly receiving.

But now, as Jade changed into some clothes, everyone was as silent as death due with not knowing quite what to say in this kinda situation.

I could tell by the way Fun Ghoul was playing with his long, coal black hair that all he wanted and needed to do was check on Electric, but so did I.

My soul spun like turbulence at the possible thought of her being in any kind of pain or heartbreak and it took a brass weight on my mind.

She is my best friend, but she also needs some time alone to think and process all the tragic information that she has had today.

Though, her sister isn't the tragedy.

Electric did look slightly relieved to see that her sister was still breathing yet it was almost obvious that she came here to start over and to forget her past- now her past is joining her.

"What do you all think? It feels a bit strange," Jade waltzed into the diner wearing the clothes that I had found for her. "I mean, I've never worn colour before and these materials," her pale hand brushed against her purple fading dungarees before she tugged at her periwinkle denim jacket that had patches covering up the wholes. "And what are those?" She gestured to her lilac coloured trainers, the laces were evolving into a stained yellow rather than white.
"Now you're dressed as a Killjoy, you need to be named like a Killjoy." I was currently propped up on then work top with my legs crossed over before I pointed to the booth so Jade could sit with the others. She planted herself next to Kobra Kid who gave her a light smile.
"How about Razzle Dazzle?" I turned my head to see Electric Eclipse slouch against the door way, her arm placed on her hip as the other one dangled down.

"That's a good suggestion, but I don't think it's a suitable Killjoy name, right?"
"Uh huh," Party nodded to Jade in clarification before smirking at Electric, who, obviously knew that.
"Hey Electric," I slapped the counter space next to me and she slid over and laid down on her back, resting her head on my legs.

Her tongue cracked through her lips and her face tied into a knot at me. I did the same back.

"So, a Killjoy name," I repeated whilst my mind scrambled over possible ideas.
"Spark Twilight?" Jade suggested before Electric chuckled..
"That's nothing like Electric Eclipse, is it?" I smiled down at Electric before muttering 'be nice'.
"Oh. Sorry, I didn't mean-"
"It's fine, you're just new to all," Electric pinned her hands in the air before letting them drop back beside her, "this."
"How about.. Cyanide Cat?"
"But I'm not an animal..." Jade mumbled at Kobra Kid who then blushed at his own name.
"What about Rebel Rogue?"
"Party that's brilliant!" Jade squealed before giving him a messy high five. "Can that be my name?"
"Sure, welcome to my team Rebel Rogue," I pushed Electric off my legs and I began to lead everyone to the door, Rebel followed like a stray dog that had just found a respectable owner. "Now, let's see what'cha got so far." Electric fist pumped the air.
"Training?" She asked excitedly, though she wasn't excited about herself training, more like watching her sister train.
"Training."

*************

Dusk had turned the lighting inside the rotting oak barn to iris, casting faint blush purple lighting onto all of our masked faces.