ii

Sitting in the passenger seat I vaguely listen to the conversation between Negan and whoever is speaking over the radio, my mind focused on how I was going to tell him about the bite and flashing through all the possible scenarios of how he would react.

Having seen his reaction to people in our community being bitten in the past I didn't want to tell him, I wanted to spent a couple hours acting somewhat normal before going off alone and doing the deed myself.

But everybody in the compound watched me, it was the biggest downside of being Negan's.

I was so caught up I didn't notice that we had reached the compound or that Negan was practically screaming in my ear until my door was pulled open and I came tumbling out.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Looking up at all the men laughing and a less then pleased Negan all the while smiling down at me.

"You were so off in the fuckin clouds I didn't know how the fuck to get you down. So..."

Getting up I walked away. My blood was still boiling from seeing my mother however being the one to sentence somebody close to her showing her just what she had managed to accomplish in raising me made it simmer until Negan had to screw around.

Ignoring his calls as I made entered our room only removing myself of my boots and jeans before beings spun around.

"What the fuck Sonny?! You want me to apologise cause there's no fucking chance with the way you've been going lately-" Negan starts ranting as he makes hand gestures before slamming the door shut.

"What the fucks that supposed to mean Negan? I'm the same as I've always been-"

"No you aren't. You're up, you're down. I checked to see if you were out in the crowd before I went out and I couldn't find you-"

"There were a couple Walkers heading everyone's way, I was taking care of them!" I growl unzipping my jacket feeling hot and start to remove it.

"That too, you're getting reckless like you don't give a fuck what'll happen to me or how much it'll fuckin hurt if you get bit!"

"You know what Negan?!"

"What?!"

"Too fuckin late!" Removing the jacket I fling it across the room to show the fresh bite above my wrist.

I watch as Negan staggers back reaching for his gun and raising it before placing on the vanity and walking forward pulls me close.

"Fuck you Carson."

"I love you too."

-

Laying on the bed in clean clothes after a shower I felt as though I was on fire, my body hurting all over as I clutched on to Negan and cried having overheard him tell the others about me while I was in the shower and undoubtedly what he planned to do.

I could hear the screams of pain from more then one of the men who undoubtedly opposed his choice but they were more then likely new to the compound and all others were smarter knowing I wasn't just a member of the community or someone that their leader fucked on occasion I had been there through it all.

I helped keep him in line and stop him from going to far too many times to count, it was me who made sure the men didn't cross Negan and Negan knew when they were straying.

I was the most loyal and I had fallen for him. Somewhere down the line him doing the same.

When the pain became too unbearable I opened my eyes and looked up at Negan.

"Now-"

"No. Fuck no!"

"Please Negan, it hurts so fucking much I can barely breathe."

Tears mix with the sweat falling down my face as I reach up and wipe some stray tears from the most Alpha male I've ever met before seeing a glint immediately knowing he was going to use a knife.

"Fuck you, Negan."

-

The sound of knife cutting through flesh it heard but all I can do is focus on her face, stuck in that smile of hers even while going through such pain.

Pulling the knife out I curse myself before placing a kiss on her head and whispering the words I found myself never able to say while she was with me.

"I love you you too."