I

Nadine is walking very fast in a dimly lit alley constantly looking around making sure she is not being followed and seen.

She almost screamed when her phone rang loudly. She frantically looked around alarmed, then let out a huge sigh once she saw that there's still no one around.

"Kuya?" she silently whispered to her phone.

"Nadine, where the hell are you? Been looking all over for you." Nadine's big brother worriedly exclaimed.

"Hush, kuya. I'm kinda busy right now, can't talk." She hissed back as she continued walking.

"Nadine Alexis Lustre, you better tell me where you are right now or I swear, I'm gonna ground you for life!" her brother shouted back.

Her brother's tone made Nadine's knees wobble a bit. She knows he's serious. She needs to make up an excuse, pronto. He's gonna flip out once he finds out where she is. Then an art poster on the wall caught her eye.

"Uh, kuya don't worry. I'm just in an underground art gallery looking at some paintings of a street artist Yassi recommended. I'll probably be home in an hour." she whispered back.

She heard her brother let out a sigh of relief, "Ok, make sure to be home as soon as possible. Be careful, alright?"

"I will, kuya. Bye, na. Love you." She ended the call without even hearing her brother's reply. She's been lingering in this place for far too long. And she cannot spare another minute.

She was half running and half walking when she turned into a corner. And lo and behold, she almost ran into a group of guys who are busy spray painting a wall of an abandoned factory. She gasped at the sight of them. All of them are wearing black. They all look cool and all, like they're from a Chris Brown video with the back of their leather jackets embroidered with a head of a serene but deadly-looking wolf. As if their jackets were not enough, the mural they are creating is also that of wolf. But this time, the wolf is snarling menacingly like it wants to bite the head of anyone who dares look at it.

The Nightshade Keepers!!!

She told herself in panic – alarm bells ringing in her mind. She tried to keep her cool and silently backed away. But luck was definitely not on her side as one of the Nightshades turned turned his head towards her. He immediately recognized her and motioned to his friends pointing at her.

Nadine's presence of mind took over and she immediately scanned her surroundings looking for a getaway. She swears she heard the angels sing when she saw a rusty wired gate at the opposite direction. If there is one thing she's definitely good at – its climbing and climbing a wired gate is just child's play for her.

Before the Nightshades could react, she immediately dashed towards the gate. She can hear them shouting and swearing behind her.

"We know who you are. You are Quen's stupid little sister. You are not getting away from us Nemean, you're dead meat!" someone shouted from behind.

She immediately climbed the wired gate with one of the Nightshades almost grabbing her left foot – but she was too darn fast. She jumped down to the other side with her knees almost giving away but she knows she's alright. The guys tried to climb the gate but the gate was too high and they are too heavy to climb.

"You're gonna pay, little bitch!" one of them said, "We're gonna get you!"

"Whatever, fuckface!" Nadine smirked at them.

It was a wrong move. Her taunting infuriated the Nightshades and they started kicking the gate. Nadine can see the rusty chain that is keeping the gates together starting to break.