II

"Let's get you out of here" James suddenly said.

But luck was not on their side. They tried to go through all the passage ways towards the Nemeans' side of the city, but the Nightshades were fast - there were already nightshades stationed in every exit known to James.

They are trapped.

Upon seeing that the last exit is already flocked with nightshades, he sighed and made a U turn and revved up his engine.

"Mr. Reid--" Nadine started.

"James, call me James"

Nadine cleared her throat nervously.

"James, this is not the way home."

James turned to look at her. His face looking really serious.

"I know. But my friends are already on high alert. They're already stationed in every exit I know. Even I can't go through without being inspected."

"So where are you taking me?"

James looked at her. Though she looked calm, he can still feel a tiny hint of fear from her.

"I'm taking you home for the night." He said while giving her his signature smirk.

Her expression immediately changed from calm to panic, which made him laugh.

"Hey, I'm still keeping my promise. I'm not gonna hurt you, ok?" He smiled at her while patting her head gently.

Nadine looked at him intently. Seeing sincerity in his eyes, her shoulders relaxed.

Then they heard a loud car horn behind them.

James eyes widened in panic. He looked at Nadine and his panic is mirrored on her face.

"Shit!" he shouted.

For the second time that day, he pushed Nadine's head down so she can crouch and not be seen. He parked his car in a dimly lit sidewalk and waited for the light blue aventador to stop beside him.

James was gripping his steering wheel tightly with his now sweaty hands. Nadine on the other hand was so quiet and crouched so low, her head is almost touching the floor.

The tinted window of the aventador slowly went down revealing the driver.

"Jaye, Quen's sister was seen in our territory. Have you heard about this?" Came a female voice.

Nadine immediately recognized that it's Liza, the Nightshade's alpha. Her panic heightened, she's almost shaking. She's silently praying that James will keep his cool.

James smirked, "Yeah, I was there when Trey tried to chase after her but he let her slip. I've been actually driving around making sure every exits are guarded. She wont be able to cross the bridge without us knowing. But so far, I didn't see any trace of her yet."

"I already had the hotels and motels checked, she was not in any one of them." Liza said with a sigh.

"Smart girl" James said while nodding his head.

"James make sure to hand her over to me immediately in case you catch her" though her voice is void of emotion, James can't help but see a bit of concern in her eyes which was instantly changed to an angry frown.

James snorted and mockingly glared at Liza, "Lizzie, are you concerned bout QUEN's sister? Are you finally--"

"Shut the fuck up, Jaye." Liza snapped at him making him laugh more. "I'm thinking that maybe we can use her against her brother and the fucking Nemean Lions"