"Stargazer" - The Fault In Our Stars Epilogue

I do, Augustus.

I do.

     My eyes swell up in a matter of small disgrace, taking into consideration of him fading away. I faced off the screen and steered my tank along the walking carcass I had. Gus was right, and I love him for that. Not to love just to love, but this deep feeling, that I want to reach him up through the night's clouds. I just bursted outside, doing relatively nothing. Nothing but to gaze at the stars that burned within. I let loose of the tank not to worry of differences any longer. Brisk the chill may be, but I never felt the same stagger when I look up there. I never saw stars, but saw his eyes watching over mine. He was mine to keep my gaze.

     Soon before I took another glimpse of my path, I felt seeded, my vision was blurring as I felt myself drowning inside. I held my tank as the wind started to blow stronger, bringing me up to a frontier where fate lies fate. Not able to catch up much longer, my vision intensified as it started fading to white. Nonetheless, the wind kissed against my cheeks as I heard nothing else but the featherly whispers of Gus, which chanted repeatedly: Okay...

     "Hazel..." Sighed in deep relief of breathing, I slowly opened my eyes upon hearing my name. I was lined in a stretcher as I once again emerge in an ICU unit.

     "Hazel Grace..." He brushed his hand against my hair, his blue eyes deeply gazed into mine, unsure if this was just another dream set out to bury my imaginations within another mile.

     "... Gus..?" I contemplated to ask. He smirked in response, giving me a swift kiss over my forehead.

     "Augustus Waters...." I put my hand over his cheek, hoping he was real as he is a contemplation of his spirit or my conscience otherwise.

     "... Am I dead?" Ridiculously questioning him, he chuckled and held be closer to him. I looked around him as he seemed the normal Gus everyone sees at the brisk of day and night.

     "Hazel Grace. You're impeccably away from the horizon of imagination, reality, and dreams. Why on earth would the millenial Natalie Portman ask this to a hilariously illiterate guy like me?" Joking around, we both smiled in content as his scent emanated across my fantasies, hoping that it'd last forever.

     "Gus..." I mumbled.

     "What is it Hazel Grace?" He responded gently.

     "You know, it wasn't nice for you to leave me... Leave us." I silently whimpered. He stood still, then later smiled at the midst of my nostalgia, then he snickered.

     "Yeah, okay." Gus stated as he leaned his head closer towards me.

     "... Huh. Yeah. I know, it wasn't your fault, but still remember these two things are different. Faults and trenches of disobedience." I quickly recited as I was slowly poisoned from the realm of his aroma.

     "Okay." He obliquely tells me, smirking as he squinted his eyes.

     "Gus, before you go... I just want you to know, that I thank you for... our little infinity." My heart flinched its beats while countering the cliché of be always rushed in an ICU. Augustus was just conceited and chained with my gaze.

     "Okay Hazel..." Gus chants to me once more, he was starting to feel nervy, but mild. "Why, do you have to speak those words in a matter of time?" He made a sly smile, rubbing his soft fingers against my ear within this loft sensation of together.

     "Look into my eyes, Hazel Grace. What do you catch?" Each word he spoke, everything was dimming up to a disturbitude of clasping reality. His eyes were just as clear compared to the glass moon.

     "I don't see anything." Gus exhales with refinement on his lips, coming an inch closer with his breath on my shoulders.

    "Close your eyes, Hazel." And I did, time flying in close with a universe of words to interlace a sparrow. "Do you see stars?" He adds briefly.

     "No Gus. I see your eyes chained to mine." He sighs with a rust of passion. "When I close my eyes, I see stars. Soon, I'll be able to incarcerate my sight on yours."

      I listened with truth, eyeing up the white clouds of day. From that on, I knew, for sure, that I'd wait for nightfall's clouds to go black before I get a stroll with his stars. We dreamed across once a metaphor, now to face what was true.

     "I love you Augustus Waters." Again he echoes with my thoughts decomposing, "Okay." I smiled without further hesitation to crumb up the avid moment. Maybe okay will be our always...

     "Augustus Waters, where does the darkness plan to take us next?"

     " Hazel Grace Lancaster... We'll be off soon to stitch the fault in our stars. "

     Together.