The Beginning

Remnant. The perfect name for a world that now harbored this man who was a remnant of himself. Or would it rather be...a boy? By no means was he a child, but he looked to be at least the age of 17. He was tall, quite thin, extremely well dressed and at the moment, confused.

"What in the world is this place. Where am I?" He froze for a second. "WHO am I?!"

He began analyzing his surroundings. This looked to be a forest, although the area was ruined from the small crater he was in. He then got the bright idea to check his pockets, patting down everywhere, he found things he wasn't prepared for.

"So...I really like knives." He said to himself, holding the two curved butterfly knives in his hands, using them to see his own reflection. Then feeling the many throwing daggers he had scattered around his very well kept tux. Actually, from the scene he was in, he was surprised all that was off about his suit was a bit of dust here and there.

"Ah, here we go." He said, delighted to find something of importance. A wallet! He opened it up to find a few cards, he moved them to find what he was looking for, stopping at one and pulling it out.

"Ha-za-ma." He spoke out loud. "Let's see, I was born April 29th, I'm 6 feet tall, I'm 134 pounds. What is a NOL? Oh well, that's done. Now where the hell am I?"

Hazama patted down his suit. Something was irking him, something he couldn't put his finger on. He looked around once more and saw the subject of his worry. He didn't have his hat on! After dusting off his hat and placing it on his head, he made his way up from the crater, only to hear screams. These screams weren't coming from around him...above? Hazama looked up to see..were those?

"Birdie, no!"

"Are those kids?" He asked himself. He had just seen a teen in a red cape make a crow explode by hitting it at high speed. When he looked around more, he saw that there were more teens descending through the air.

"What the hell type of place has children falling from the sky?!" He then remembered his reflection compared to his ID. "Shit, am I a kid too?" He honestly asked himself.

"Oh whatever. Maybe if I can catch up to one of them, I can find out what the hell is goin- what is THAT?!" Hazam asked himself frantically, seeing a large bear-like creature. He couldn't say for sure it was a bear, seeing as it was all black and was covered in bones and bone-like spikes.

"Now calm down there boy. I believe we can both walk away from this with our li-"

The creature began growling loudly, breaking the tree near it with a backhand.

"Or not." Hazama let out as he turned tail and ran.

(line break)

Two teens could be seen running up a hill from a burning part of the forest they were in.

"What was that?! That should have been easy!" A young girl in a red and black combat dress asked angrily towards another teen. She was a short, pale girl at the height of five feet and two inches. She had short, black hair with red highlights.

"Well perhaps if you had exercised even the slightest amount of caution with the placement of your strikes, I WOULDN'T HAVE SET THE FOREST ON FIRE!" The teen in question yelled back. This one wore a white combat dress with light traces of icy blue. She had long, white hair in a sideways ponytail with a small scar over her left eye.

"K-wha?! What's that supposed to mean?!" The one in black and red yelled back.

"You know, for someone who talks so mu-" The white teen began, but was quickly interrupted at the rustling of bushes. Both teens were surprised when a well dressed boy about their age bursted out.