Chapter 9

"Last night, what happened between us?". His eyes sparked like fire. I think i saw lust and anger in them but Mark hid it quickly bringing back his blank expression. 

           "You really don't remember anything?" he asked me as he was getting closer and closer to me.

           " Why? Is there something i need to remember?" i asked him with a trembling voice as i backed away from him. I quickly understood that there was no more space behind me as my back had collided with the counter of the kitchen. Mark saw this and smirked. He started walking, staring me  like a predator until he was right in front of me, chest to chest. He grabbed my waist with force and he lifted me on the counter. He opened my legs and encircled them around his waist. He was so close to me that i could feel his hot breath warming my skin.

           " Mia, you are completely mine." He wishpered in my ear as he gently brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. I was so mesmorised by his touch  that i didn't hear those words. He removed his hand of my cheek and placed it on the back of my neck. He grabbed it gently with a litlle bit of force in order to lift my head and to lock my eyes with his. " Last night you became mine. Not only your body but your mind too." Could this be true? How much did i drink to bring myself in this position. I lifted my hands and placed them on his chest. I could feel his steady heartbeat and the warmth he radiated. Not really wanting and with the little strenth i had, i pushed him away.

           " I need some time to think." I lifted myself up and walked away without a glimpse towards Mark. I was so embarrased and confused. I heard his steps behind me.

           " Stop fighting it Mia. You know you wanted it as much as i did. I'll see you tomorrow." I didn't respond. I just grabbed my jacket and left quickly from his appartment.

           The next morning i felt terrible. There were dark circles under my eyes, a reminder of my last night vigil. I considered taking the day off and calling sick but deep down i knew that i had to give some explanations to my boss. As i was dressing i heard a light knock on the door of my room. I turned around and saw Kate's head with a goofy smile plastered on her face.

           " I made pancakes." She made me smile. She truly cares for me and  knows how to make me feel better.

           " Thank you babe, i'm comming." I quickly dressed and put some makeup on my face and headed down in the kitchen. Kate had already sitted and was filling our mugs with coffee.

           " I can't even explain to you how much you are helping me right now Kate." i said as i was drinking  coffee.

           " What happened? I only missed for two days and you were all over the gossip shows and magazines. Is it true?" she asked with concern.

           " I don't know Kate. I try to remember but nothing. I remember myself chatting with the guests and drinking some champagne but that's all. I don't know when i lost my control and started drinking like an alcoholic. " i whinned at her covering my face with my hands.

           " Shh.. It's ok baby. I know your 'high' tolerance of alcohol." she was covering her mouth with her palm as she was ready to laugh and she knew that this would cause her a pancake on the head and everyone knows that i don't waste my pancakes like this.

           " Funny ha? Why don't we change places so that you deal with my furious boss?" i asked her with a grumpy face.

           " Hey, don't get your knickers in a twist. I would love to change places not for your furious boss but for your hot lover. He is so sexy. I'm jealous of you." she had a dreamy face  as she pictured him.

           " Bravo, i'm in this situation and you imagine  Mark naked. Well done." i got up throwing her my napkin in her face in order to stop her daydreaming.

          " It's not my fault he is so sexy. Anyway did anything happen between you two?" 

          " I don't know. He told me that i became his, not only my body but my mind too. He was so mysterious. Anyway, i have to go to work. We will talk later, love you."

           " Why so mysterious? Why did he not give you a clear explanation? Babe you should clear things out before they get out of your hands."

           " I think they already have Kate." i answered her closing the door.

I'm back guys. I promised you that i would update today so here it is. A new chapter for all of you. I want all of you to know that you inspired me to continoue with this story. I love you so much and i want to thank you for being here for me. I want you to know that from today i will be active. I will update a chapter once a week. But i want also from you one thing. Please if you like the story and you want to see the end of it vote and comment.
It really matters for me. Also, i read some negative comments which motivated me to change their minds. So if you have time go check the past chapters because i made some edits. They are not perfect because english is my third language but i made an effort.
Again thank you, thank you <3