Chapter 3 - Robyn's Reaction

*Rihanna POV*
I just found out from my mother that Onika and her mother fled from Trinidad from her abusive psycopath father. I felt so sorry for her, but I knew she would be in a better place. I knew I had to move on with my life, knowing that I'd never see her again.

Soon 2 years turned to 4 and 4 to 11 I am 15 years old, just dropped out of high school and an army cadet. I had to follow my dreams, even though it risked my education. With the money from beauty pageants, my mother finally got a divorce, and left my father. She took my brothers and I, and found a small home for all 4 of us. During that time was when I started singing more.

Going through this hardship gave me a reason to sing, it gave me hope. I realized over the years my voice got stronger, more powerful even. Having difficulties makes you strong, such as losing a close friend. Within that moment, I started crying. I remembered Onika, and how we used to be. How we used to climb on trees to pick ripe mangos and bananas, and how we used to play in the rain when a storm hit. I miss those days, those fun childhood days; but that's all behind me, now I focus on my dream.

I started to write songs, and sing them aloud. This process helped me think of what can be added or removed. One day, someone who worked for Jay-Z, overheard me singing in public, and called Jay-Z to meet me. I was so nervous, but my audition went well, because I got signed to his record label Def Jams.

From then, I was on my way to success. This could be my family's salvation of living a better life. But only if I become successful, and provide for my family while struggling in hardship. It was hard saying goodbye, knowing that it would be even harder on my mother. I had to pursue my dreams, and also provide for my family in Barbados. My first goal is to give my mother and brothers a house, then bring my friend Melissa to live with me in the States.