Just Like The Moon (Prologue)

A/N I Wrote this story  a year ago when i was daydreaming about a song "三日月" by Ayaka (English Version"Mikazuki" by Charice) . My first actual story i hope you like it :) I found the song this year and thought it went well with it (Talking to the moon by Bruno Mars) I love music=D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn’t move. I stood there petrified and frozen by the very words I read from the note. I glared at it again, re-examining the contents of the letter, trying to make sense of it, trying to reassure myself ignoring the reality and the evidence that lay in front of me. I slid my hand down the sheet of paper feeling the bumps left behind from dried tears, with the swing of my hands and the force of shock pushing me to go faster, I ran.

Panting and sweating, with each breath, my ears became blocked and the only thing I could hear was my silent, yet loud heart beats ringing and thumping in my head. As I brushed pass the clearly apparent stares that were forcefully imprinted on me by people’s thoughts, I could clearly see the speech and line of thought of people as it became more and more obvious to me , yet I kept on running. As I drew closer to my destination, I felt the compelling urge to slow down, take a few breaths , realise what was going on , but I didn’t have time, I swung upon the doors with millions of eyes abruptly fixing their focuses on me.

I walked slowly, looking around unnerved to find the thing I was looking for. As I rushed towards the receptionist a surprised look sprung upon her face, before she could finish her speech of welcoming I went straight to the point “Where is she... my mum, what room!” My voice became more and more desperate as I banged my hand on the table trying to get the receptionist’s attention. Before she could issue her words of reassurance and calm I tilted the computer screen examining the names that went down it.  I found it! Her name, I looked at her room number and immediately made my way to her hospital bed. As I swung the door wide open, I could feel a chill go down my spine, that psychic connection between you and your loved one became lost to me. I knelt down besides her closing my eyes and trying to listen to the cardiac monitor beside her while the tears rolled down my face in floods. I was too late yet I had no reason to go. I couldn’t. It hurt me. I couldn’t move and I felt her grip loosen while I tried to grip her tighter.

“Mama ... wake up, pleaaaaase wake up, please!” My voice became louder as my mouth broke down the words I tried to say to her, every word I spoke became stuttered or unrecognisable. She slowly turned her head , her eyes meeting mine the tears falling down her cheeks , as she turned away looking at the ceiling trying not to look at my face and the apparent  pain that bestowed upon it.

“You’ll be ok” she said holding my pale face while coughing and trying to hide her pain at the same time

 “What about you! Mama please, what....what do I do!” I screamed but I knew she never heard it. As she closed her eyes, I shock her vigorously almost as if to gain her attention, “You’ll watch me right, promise, like the moon.., Mitsuki...M-y, name! As the doctors rushed into the room placing a white sheet over her face and trying to remove me from the room I gripped her hand tightly and wouldn’t let go, I screamed the words “No!, please she’s not dead she’s not dead”. I could see the tear drops from the nurse holding me, she hid her face trying not to look directly at me as she knew a very glance could rip her heart to shreds, my pain was real, my loss.

My mother was forever gone and I was truly alone. I didn’t expect this , I normally see these type of things in movies and laugh at the sight of it, saying the actor was rubbish and I  could tell it was fake .But for me my tears was real my pain was real . Relatives and friends came and gave their condolences, trying to empathise by saying “It will be alright” and that “She is in a better place.” I didn’t believe that, I couldn’t. Because to lose someone no matter how hard you try and how many people say “time is a healer” or “trust me it will get better”, it won’t. Because every now and again you break down, every now and again you remember that person, their final words, their final touch; it just brings pain to your heart and tears to your eyes.

 I will forever remember that day; I will forever smile when I look at photos of you, while crying as I remember you. I’ll look up at the moon when I get lonely, because I know you’ll be watching me just like the moon.