Chapter 5 - The Wake up call

“Who knew you had it in you?”

Yumi's laugh became more of an incoherent giggle as she playfully slapped me on my back

“What about this situation is funny? I could get into serious trouble; Lola is probably going to be in hospital for a pretty long time and this all happened on my first day! “

I beccame calmer as I looked at Yumi her innocence preventing my anger at the situation from going any further. She became serious as I was called into the head teachers office giving me a look of encouragement, I turned from Yumi facing the receptionist from before who looked at me sadly then escorted me in.

I sat down after being instructed to do so by the receptionist; sitting next to me she gave me a reassuring smile.

“Mr Johnson will be with you soon, he needs to make sure Lola's parents are informed of what happened “

She looked un-sure on whether to keep on speaking, her talkative nature still present but her words spoken more softly as if she had done this all before.

“Mizuki moving from a whole new country away from your family and friends can be hard, even starting a new school is scary by itself, trust me I was in a similar situation when I was in high school. But you can't let one person stop you from making the most of the experience. Lola can be very provoking trust me I know she's my sister’s daughter and I probably can't justify her actions by saying she had a tough childhood, her father was never in the picture and the only person she saw as a father figure sadly passed away in war he was her hero and .... “

She stooped herself Mid-sentence trying to revaluate her point her eyes becoming filled with tears as she recalled the memory.

“What I'm trying to say is you and Lola probably have more in common than you think, she gives people a hard time and sometimes she is known for going a bit too far in arguments; but she does mean well . I'm not saying ,be best friends I'm saying try to forgive her ,what she said is un excusable but your actions a while ago went too far ,Mr Johnson will probably tell you that . “

I remained quiet not even noticing Mr Johnson walk in. I felt worried, a part of me didn't want to have to leave due to this stupid fight, another part felt like I failed everyone including myself. I came here for a new beginning and so far I haven't even came close.

 Ms Pierce you can leave thank you for keeping Ms Misora Company. “

I breathed in quickly as she walked out looking at me reassuringly my eyes fell to the floor as I heard the door shut.

“Mizuki you can look me in the eye …I'm not a gargon”

He's tone felt humorous considering the situation and as I contemplated whether or not to ask him what he meant my mind trailed to another important factor..

“How’s Lola! Is she okay? “

My words came out rushed as I stared solemnly into his ice blue eyes. He blinked and stood straighter in his chair.

“She has a mild concussion nothing to serious… luckily. Her parents won't be pressing any charges and considering the nature of your argument the reasons why you were provoked and all external factors. You may get off easy. Your legal guardian has been informed and has asked if you could go on through the school day something we agree on. “

He's professional facade crumbled as he leaned further on his desk raising his eyebrow at the door at Yumi and Bianca's failed attempt at listening in.

“You’re a bright girl and I trust Ayumi and Mr Tucker enough to know that you never hurt Lola on purpose ,the fight could have been avoided I warn, but it is, if in the slightest justifiable. However this is something I hope to never be repeated. We have a serious no fights policy but are main and top priority is Anti -bullying and in that prospect you were the victim.

Don’ think you’ll get away with it, what you did was serious and you will be punished but are main priority is Lola's health so we'll focus on that first and how you BOTH will be made accountable later… Now go, Bianca looks like she is close to licking my door.”

I stood up quickly bowing and saying an honest thank you, swinging the door open I was a bit amused at the way Yumi and Bianca fell to the floor, grinning widely at Mr Johnson who gave them a knowing nod they got themselves up and comically walked out.

“So what do we do now? “

I said my eyes hopeful and bright, there grin provided even more hope to me. I could do this I could finish a whole year and be me again.

“Our schools basketball team are going to have a match after school and we are defiantly going. “ Bianca stated rather proudly.

“we have one of the best teams not only in the state but the entire west coast and this is set to be the game of the season! “ Yumi added rather enthusiastically as we stood in the middle of the hallways, our conversation was interrupted by a teacher clearing her throat from behind us.

“But as to what we’re doing right now... you’ve got US History “Bianca said starting a light jog as the teacher walked off, I smiled as I chained my arms to theirs.

Ma how am I doing now.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Had to take a break from writing to focus on my exams but now I’m free!!!! Now I have to think of the future and what’s next uhhh I hate thinking about those things :P hopefully I’ll be able to write some more but as always I am beyond busy even after finishing school…im cursed . Glad to be free of exams and as my appreciation for all that stress now over voila a chapter. (Tried to make it as realistic as possible apologizes if it isn’t)