chapter 11

Patch soon started to sniff the ground to see if his theory was correct and where his theory was correct as he caught the scent of two farms and where one of them had the scent of his dog family. Roger and Anita appeared to be on the porch and Anita's stomach looked slightly bigger than usual.

Patch smiled as he came onto the farm and squeezed between his hundreds of brothers and sisters as Nanny was giving their chow. "Hi, guys."

The puppies looked over and instantly smiled. "PATCH!"

Patch smiled, but then his eyes widened as they all piled on top of him.

"What are you doing here, Patch?" Cadpig smiled.

"Yeah, usually you call before you show up." Lucky added.

"Oh, I just thought I'd come visit my favorite brothers and sisters..." Patch smiled as he got out of the dog pile.

Dipstick walked by with a rose in his teeth.

"Where you going, Dipstick?" Patch noticed his rather dumb brother.

"Uh, nowhere?" Dipstick blushed.

"That's not true." Tripod smirked.

Dipstick then extended his paws and zipped off, panting with the rose.

"Dipstick!" Patch went after his brother. "Where are you going?!"

Dipstick then accidentally tripped, tumbled down a hill and ended up in the mud.

"Dipstick...?" a female dalmatian puppy with several spots asked.

"Uh, hi, Dottie..." Dipstick smiled nervously.

"Are you okay?" Dottie asked.

"Uh, I'm okay..." Dipstick smiled shyly and picked up the rose. "This is for you."

"Oh, Dipstick~..." Dottie smiled.

Patch saw this and smirked. "Dipstick's got a girlfriend~"

"He sure does." Tripod smirked.

"I always knew Dipstick would get a girlfriend soon." Cadpig smiled.

Dipstick and Dottie then smiled as they walked beside each other, Dottie then had the rose in her mouth.

Colette came on top of the hill. "There you guys are!"

"This sure is some farm." Maisy said as she came out.

Cadpig, Tripod, Patch, and Colette came back up at the top.

"Uh, did Anita eat too much?" Patch asked. "Her stomach looks big."

"Patch!" Colette gasped, then looked to see he was right. "It's not polite to--Whoa..."

Atticus came over to his pet and the others to see what they were talking about before he saw why Patch and the others were curious of what was with Anita. Roger was massaging his wife's feet.

"Atticus, why does Anita look like she's gained weight?" Patch asked.

"Shh..." Atticus shushed, then smiled to the Dearly couple. "Erm, hello."

"Oh!" Roger looked over. "Atticus, this is a surprise."

"Yes, so it is..." Anita smiled as she then held her stomach.

"I see that you two are going to be having a baby soon." Atticus smiled.

"Oh, how'd you guess?" Anita giggled.

"Congratulations," Atticus sent his blessing. "Do you know if it'll be a boy or a girl?"

"The doctor says a girl, we're trying to think of names." Anita smiled.