chapter 21

Back on the farm, Danny had told Rover that Connie was coming to come get him very soon. Ellie May told the others that she decided to spend some time away from Raffles to see if she really loved him or not in that case since they were going to be going back home real soon and the others thought that was a rather mature decision of hers to make.

"Well, son, this is your last night with us until the summer..." Pongo smiled to Patch. "We're going to miss you lots, but we're so glad you're happy with Atticus."

"I'll miss you all too, Dad." Patch said.

"Come on, let's get you to bed with the others so you can say goodbye." Pongo said.

Patch nodded and walked with his father into the farm as Perdita was getting the others to sleep. Tripod had a spot with Cadpig and he seemed to have his frontal arm around her. Cadpig was happy to be with him.

Patch smiled to them as he made his way to his own spot with Lucky, Rolly, and Spot. "Good night, guys..." he smiled sleepily and fell asleep.

A few others muttered good nights to Patch as they were all together once again, for now...

Meanwhile with Ellie May and Raffles as they were going to have some more time together.

"So, you wanna wait out our relationship?" Raffles asked.

"Just to make sure..." Ellie May replied. "And if anything comes up, I'll call you on the Twilight Bark, I promise."

"I'll call you on the Twilight Bark as well, I promise." Raffles said.

"I swear, it's not you or me, I'm just making sure I wanna know what I'm doing..." Ellie May nuzzled against him.

"Okay... It'll be different without you now even if I had just met you..." Raffles nuzzled back.

"Same here, I never even knew how love felt until I met you." Ellie May said.

"I know what you mean..." Raffles agreed.

"Not even with Daisy?" Ellie May then asked.

"She felt more like a sister to me honestly," Raffles said. "I feel a real connection with you though."

"Aw!" Ellie May smiled.

Raffles then walked with her. "You ever been on a farm?"

"Once or twice, Michael usually sees horses there, I heard that he's gonna give Hayden riding lessons when he gets older." Ellie May smiled as they toured around.

"Cool." Raffles said before sighing seeing a random boulder in there way.

"Where are these boulders coming from?" Ellie May asked.

"I dunno, but i'm gonna make them go away." Raffles said.

"How's that?" Ellie May then asked, little did she know she was about to be blown away metaphorically by what he could do.

And where she then remembered about his strength as Raffles then lifted up the boulder with just his nose. Ellie May smiled as Raffles entertained her. And where he even spun the boulder on the tip of his nose. Ellie May clapped and giggled.

Raffles laughed himself, enjoying the sound of her laugh. "You like what you see?"

"Uh-huh." Ellie May smiled.

Raffles soon sent the boulder flying into space.

"Ooh..." Ellie May looked marveled then.

"Make a wish, Ellie." Raffles smiled to her.