Chapter 15

Hunter's pov

I decided since I was already up, I would make Annie breakfast. Tomorrow, we have to wake up early to go to Thomas' funeral. Annie came down the stairs, her shoulders slightly slumped and her eyes a bit puffy. I knew she had been crying again, she'd cried the night before too. I smiled at her and opened my arms up. She tried to smile, but she failed. I pulled her into a hug and she squeezed me back. Annie was a sobbing mess all over again. "Why did he have to take him? I wish it had been me!" I sighed and said "That would kill both you and I, remember?" She hiccuped and said,"He didn't do anything to deserve to have his head removed! I should have done a better job, instead of freezing up! What's wrong with me?!" She was sobbing again, burying her face into my chest. I rocked her back and forth gently, cooing at her. "You human, how else would you have reacted?" She continues sobbing into my chest as I rock her back and forth gently.

As she began to hiccup, I told her "Go get cleaned up, we are going out for the day." She nodded and started heading up the stairs to go get ready. As she reached the fourth step, one of the pack members rushed into the house. She said quickly "Alpha, Luna's father is back, he is attacking our eastern border." I look at Annie, who is looking pale and worried. I tell her,"Don't worry, I'll have it handled before you get finished getting ready. Then we will go out." She nodded, not completely sure as she walked back upstairs. I whispered "How many people have been killed?" She shrugged and said "At least twelve." I nod and follow her out the front door.

Annie's pov

I heard him whisper 'how many people have been killed' and I had to hold back a sob from the answer. More than twelve lives have been lost because of me. I kept thinking that as I worked on my hair. When I finally finished with it, I couldn't help but to think Hunter would be better off with someone else. Yeah, someone who didn't have psychotic father problems, some one prettier, someone who would make a better Luna for his pack. I sighed at my reflection. I slid on some white jean shorts with a black v-neck. Something inside me clicked. He could still do better than me, right? If I left he could get a new mate if I were to leave! I packed myself a small sack and sat down at the dresser and left him a note. I ran out the door before I could give it a second thought.

Hunter's pov

I returned to the house and it didn't feel right, almost as if it was empty. I ran up the stairs to our room and Annie wasn't there. I found a note on the dresser. I opened it up and it said:

Dear Hunter,

I first wanted to tell you how much I love you. I will always love and care about you. I left because I have come to realize I have caused you and your pack family pain, loss and unneeded trouble. I couldn't let my father take anymore lives of the people I care about. I decided to just let him take me and do what he wants. Whatever it takes to keep you safe. Don't come after me, I'm sure your new mate and Luna will be so much prettier, smarter and have less problems. Just move on to her happily, I don't want you to suffer. I will miss you, but I'll watch you from where I'm at.

Lots of love, Annie

I growled as I ran out of the house after her scent. I followed the path of it through the forest. I had to get to her before it is too late.

***********************Sorry for such a long wait, I've been trying to make the chapters longer and more detailed. I'm working on it so the story will be more interesting! Thanks for reading/voting/commenting

Dedicated to lady_scarlett