"I'm Okay"

{Seungcheol's Message to Jeonghan}

We've been friends.  We always have been friends.  That's what you wanted.  And I wanted to give you everything that you wanted.

So I told you, "I'm okay."

You found a new friend and he already seemed to have interest in you.  You always smiled around him.  I started getting jealous, but I didn't want to bother you.

So I told you, "I'm okay..."

My love for you was unrequited.  We loved each other but only I was the one who loved you. But since you were still there with me, I knew that we'll be with each other.

So I told you, "...I'm okay."

Your love grew stronger for your friend.  I noticed how weird you two acted around each other.  I noticed how you always sat close to each other. You seemed happier with him.

So I told you, "I'm...o-okay."

You announced your relationship with him.  I was upset.  I locked myself in my room for a while.  You constantly checked up on me, not knowing why I avoided you.  I didn't want you to bother me.

So I told you, "I'm okay..."

We drifted away from each other and you said you wanted to move and live with him instead.  I knew that would give you less time to see you, but you loved him more than me.  Then you asked how I felt about it.

So I told you, "I-I'm okay..."

Now I don't see you anymore.  After you moved in with him, I disappeared from your life.  You never called me, or talked to me anymore.  We became distant.  So far, I didn't even see your smile for years.  But this was what you wanted.

So I guess it's okay...