Chapter 8: Surprise

It has now been so long since I've begun to live with Mark and Jack, or at least it feels that way. My days have been filled with joy, each and every day they'll cheer me up when I'm down.

I've been visiting Tessa every now and then, today we went out for lunch on the other side of town and she's heading back with me to our house. Today is just a normal day.

It's about 2pm and I'm driving Mark's car.

"Tessa, you've been acting different today, " I say as I start the car up.

"Oh, it's probably nothing" She smiles as she looks out the window.

We spend a couple minutes sitting in silence.

"It's too quiet!" Tessa shouts as she hits the button for the radio.

"This is my favorite song!" I shout putting my arms in the air then quickly back to the steering wheel. (A/N: You choose the song)

"Oh, I like this song too!" I see Tessa look at me from the corner of my eye. She smirks.

She starts to sing it, her voice is cracking but I can tell its on purpose. We get to the good part and I do the same.

"[Insert 'good part' of song here]" I shout at the top of my lungs, my voice cracks like there's no tomorrow.

We both laugh. The song ends and another one plays.

"I love this song as well!" I shout.

"I'm glad we have the same taste in music, I hope these songs will continue until we get to your place" Tessa smiles.

"Yeah"

As we asked it, our wish was granted. We sing as our car goes down the road.

*

I pull up into the driveway and we just sit there for a couple of minutes.Dancing. Like, idiots. Imagine the look on Mark and Jack's faces if they saw us...

"Okay,when this song is done..." I look at Tessa, who is headbanging like a maniac.

She pauses, nods then continues to headbang. The song ends and we rush out of the car.

We walk up to the door and I shuffle my hands through my pockets to find the house keys. I find the key and unlock the door.

I enter the house and Tessa follows.

"We're home!" I shout, my voice echoes through the house. Hmm? That's weird they should be home and they always respond with "Welcome back"

I search through the house a bit, I search their rooms and the pool but I can't find them.

I walk back to the living room where I expect Tessa to be. "I don't know where they are-" Tessa's gone too. I walk up to the front door and poke my head outside. Nothing.

I lock the door behind me and look around. I search the whole house but I can't find them.

In exhaustion, I head back to the living room.

"Surprise!" I hear and I turn to the direction it came from.

"What?" I ask, dumbfounded.