Eight

Josh and Beth had decided to go to the beach because it was a nice day. They had just pulled and Josh ran out of the car.

"There's a cliff we should cliff jump," Josh said excitedly.

Beth didn't like heights so didn't like the idea but she went along with it. When Josh got to the top of the cliff he took his shirt off.

"I go first and I shout something then you do the same okay?" Josh smiled.

Beth nodded nervously as Josh got ready to run and jump.

As he jumped he shouted "I love you Beth," then she heard a splash.

After he said that it gave her the power to do it she started to run then she got to the edge and she jumped. Its was exhilarating.

"I love you Josh," she smiled. Then her body splashed in the clear water.

Josh took a moment to process her words. In that moment he realised she hadn't resurfaced. He swam down under the blue waves. There her body lay, still her strawberry blonde locks floating around her face. Josh dragged her body to shore, tears streaming down his face.

"Someone call 911," he shouted as he started to perform cpr.

When the ambulance arrived they put her know a stretcher. Josh took Beth's truck and followed the ambulance to the hospital.

The took her for some x-rays and all Josh could do was sit in the waiting room. After hours of waiting the doctor came into the waiting room.

"Mr Dun," the doctor said and Josh stood up.

"I'm sorry to tell you Beth didn't make it," Josh fell to his knees and cried into hands.

Josh didn't want to see her body he also didn't go to to the funeral. After all she hid in the trees and he happened to explore them.