Nishinoya Yuu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where
the world is black
and white until you
lock eyes with your
soulmate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is either black or white. It annoys you. You could be seeing so many colours but no, you have to meet your soulmate in order to achieve that.

People in school learn about colours. How the sun is supposedly yellow, the sky is blue and the grass is green. You only know it but you never saw it before, obviously.

That's mostly the reason on why you're searching for your soulmate. It's not the only reason though. You are quite the hopless romantic, so you want to find the love of your life if possible.

In school, some of your friends already found their soulmate and they keep telling you about how in love they are, pissing you off in the process. Not only do they see colours but they also have found the love of their live. How unfair is that?

At the moment, you're walking home from school. Since you're really bored, you decide to stop by at the grocery shop nearby before walking home.

"Mister! I'd like a milkshake." You shout at the shop clerk, getting his attention. "Don't shout in my store!" He shouts at you, ironically enough, but starts to make a milkshake anyways.

"Sir, have you found your soulmate yet?" You ask him after he handed you your milkshake. "I don't care about stuff like that." He tells you as he sits down behind the counter again. "Thought so." You mumble and take a sip from your beverage.

"Aren't you from that school with the annoying volleyball team?" The shop clerk asks you curiously. "Our school has a volleyball team?" You question baffled. "Are you stupid or something?" He yells at you. "I just don't care enough." You point out boredly.

Suddenly, you hear a lot of shouting and talking outside of the shop, causing the shop clerk to sigh. "That's them." He states as he walks out with a broom. "STOP BEING SO LOUD IN FRONT OF MY STORE!" The shop clerk yells at the people outside, causing you to laugh at the irony.

"Geez, stupid volleyball team." He mutters under his breath as he returns to the shop. Behind him, a guy from your school. He notices you and smiles at you.

"You're from Karasuno too, right?" He asks you curiously after telling the shop clerk to bring him some pork buns. "Yeah. You're from the volleyball team there?" You ask him back. "I'm the captain. Sawamura Daichi. Nice to meet you." He introduces himself. "(L/N) (Y/N)."

"Oi! Guys come and help me!" Sawamura yells, causing two other guys to walk into the shop. "Daichi-san, who's the pretty girl?" You hear one of them ask, causing you to slightly choke on your milkshake. "(L/N) (Y/N), she attends our school. Just met her." Sawamura points out while taking the pork buns from the shop clerk.

"Really?" The other guy asks and you hear him approach you. He suddenly grabs your shoulders and turns you around to him, causing you to look him in the eyes.

You lock eyes with him and you notice something different. His eyes aren't black or white, they're something different. Curiously, you start to look around you to see the black and white suddenly fading away as other 'colours' take over the place. You look at your hands to see (s/c), not knowing how the colour is called. Everything now is so beautiful. So beautiful you could cry.

Now, you look back at the boy. You don't know what colour his eyes are since you haven't seen this colour before. What you know is that the front part of his hair is a different colour than the rest of his hair. He looks very cute and handsome in your opinion.

Being still curious, you start to look around the place again, smiling at the new sight. "Do you see this?" You ask him while smiling in glee. Since he doesn't respond for a moment, you look back at him.

"See what?" He asks you, making your smile fade away very quickly. "You ... don't see it?" You ask him sadly. "See what?" He repeats confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

"Just kidding." He exclaims, starting to laugh. "Huh?" You exclaim confused. "I just wanted to see your reaction which was so cute by the way." The boy tells you, causing tears to swell up in your eyes.

"D-Don't cry! I'm sorry!" He now panics and looks around, not knowing what to do. "My heart stopped for a moment there." You say as tears flow down you face. Though these tears aren't sad tears, they are tears of relief.

"I thought I'm not my soulmate's soulmate. You're such an idiot." You mumble while continuing to cry. "Nishinoya? She's your soulmate?" You hear the other guy ask him.

"Yup, I see colours now which makes your bald head look even funnier." 'Nishinoya' says, making you chuckle slightly. "O-Oi!"

"I'm sorry I made you cry." Nishinoya says as he pulls you into a hug. You don't say anything, you just hug him back while smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wanted to do a bit of trolling there xD probably failed but meh,