Kageyama Tobio

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
soulmate au where you start
to forget some memories of
your own life but they get
replaced by the memories of
your soulmate. If you lock
eyes with your soulmate
then all memories return.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you are, sitting in class, gazing out of the window. Math class was never that exciting to you. Nevertheless, you manage to get good grades anyways.

You are currently in your first year of high school. The time where everyone starts to forget some of their memories. Usually, it starts with childhood memories and the longer you don't meet your soulmate, the more memories of the present get forgotten. Therefore, everyone is practically forced to search for their soulmates.

Forgotten memories get replaced by memories of your soulmate that happened at the same time as the forgotten ones. That's what everyone gets taught in middle school.

Finally, the bell rings, signalling the end of the boring lesson. Your friends immediately head over to you.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Can I have your notes?" Your friend, (friend's name), whom you went to middle school with asks you. "Seriously? Just like middle school. I know it's math but at least care a little about your grades." You sigh out, handing her your math notes anyways. "Middle school. How nostalgic." (friend's name) giggles.

"How was middle school for you?" Your other friend, (other friend's name), asks you curiously. "Hmmm, normal I guess. Say, (friend's name), did we go to the same middle school as Oikawa-senpai?" You ask your close friend confused.

"What? No." Your friend giggles, making your other friend giggle too. "But I have a memory of him in middle school." You gasp shocked. "It's your soulmates memory. But I'm quite shocked. Middle school wasn't really long ago. Why are you forgetting it already?" (other friend's name) says seriously and shocked too.

"Maybe I'm forgetting things faster." You point out sadly. "But I don't want to forget things!" You exclaim frustrated. "Then you have to find your soulmate, easy as that." (friend's name) says with a snap.

"Yeah, easy as that." You sarcastically say. "Well, it is easy, isn't it? Oikawa-senpai goes to the same school as we do. He probably can help you."

"But Oikawa-senpai is weird." You mumble with a pout. "Girl! Do you want your memories back or no?" (friend's name) yells at you, making you flinch in fear. "I'll go talk to him now." You announce nervously as you stand up and walk out of the classroom.

What should you say to Oikawa in first place? You try remembering middle school in order to get more information.

Since you were in a club, you try recalling it. Suddenly, only volleyball comes to your mind. Being a not-so-sporty person, you know you weren't in a volleyball club. Still trying to get more information, you concentrate more and more on that time. A memory of Oikawa trying to punch you comes to your mind, causing you to gasp in shock. You didn't know Oikawa could be like that.

Now you're even more anxious to enter the third-year's classroom. Nevertheless you enter, making everyone look at you.

"Oikawa-senpai. I need help. Could I talk to you?" You ask him loudly, trying not to stutter and trying to not make it sound like you're about to confess to him. "You're (Y/N)-chan, right? The one who helps our club from time to time?" Oikawa asks you back with a smile as he approaches you.

"Yes." You answer confidently. It's true that you help with organizing a few things for them but that's about it.

"What is it about? Going to confess to me? If so, I'm sorry. I'm waiting for my sou-" You cut Oikawa off while blushing. "I'm not confessing. It's about my own soulmate, to be honest." You exclaim flustered.

"And that has to do with me because..?" Oikawa asks, not getting what you're trying to say. "I was trying to remember something from middle school as suddenly Oikawa-senpai was a memory. My friend whom I went to middle school said you weren't in the same middle school like us. Then I tried remembering more of middle school." You explain to him, trying to make him understand what you want.

"Suddenly, there was a memory of Oikawa-senpai trying to punch me or in this case, my soulmate. I thought you could help me." You finally say nervously. "You are already forgetting middle school?" He asks you shocked. "Yes, unfortunately. That's why I want to find my soulmate as soon as possible."

"Well, I don't like to admit it but there was one time I almost punched a kouhai. His name is Kageyama Tobio. He goes to Karasuno." Oikawa tells you seriously, surprising you since you only have seen him being bubbly until now.

"Kageyama Tobio..." You say, noticing that his name sounds very nice, in your opinion. "In my opinion, he's an idiot. But, have fun, I guess." He tells you before walking off to class, leaving you smiling like an idiot to yourself.

You run back to your classroom, satisfied with the new information you gathered, and slam open the door, causing everyone to look at you. "I know who my soulmate is!" You shout at your friends but your other classmates hear you too.

"Already?!" Almost the whole class exclaims in shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~

School ended therefore you're heading to Karasuno as fast as possible. You take it Kageyama Tobio still plays volleyball and thus still has club activities.

Since you're with your bike, it doesn't take long until you reach Karasuno. You see people already heading home and others go to their clubs. You feel out of place because of your uniform but ignore the stares of other people.

Desperately, you check each gym in the school until only one is left for you to check. Taking a deep breath, you open the door to see many boys play volleyball, causing you to smile.

"AH! CUTE GIRL ALARM!" One boy with black hair and a blond streak in the front yells while pointing at you. "YOU'RE RIGHT, NOYA!" A bald boy shouts at him as he approaches you.

You suddenly panic, not knowing what to do. "E-Excuse me!" You exclaim nervously. "Is there someone named Kageyama Tobio?"

Now everyone stops playing and looks at a black-haired boy confused. "That's me." A boy with black hair says, causing you to look at him. As you look into his beautiful blue eyes, your head starts to hurt, making you let go of your school bag, so you can hold your head in pain.

"I wanted to meet you." The boy of whom you assume is Kageyama says. "Huh?" You question, still holding your head. "My soulmate. You seemed interesting from all the memories I've seen, so..." He says, rubbing the back of his neck while blushing. "Y-You too!" You exclaim loudly, making him blush even more.

After saying that, the two of you suddenly don't know what to say to eachother anymore and stand there awkwardly.

"W-What do we do now?" Kageyama asks flustered. "You have club activities, so there's nothing we can do now, is th-" You start to say but get cut off by Kageyama grabbing your hand. "Daichi-san, I'm sorry." He yells before running out of the gym with you.

"Isn't volleyball important to you?" You ask him flustered. "Yes." Kageyama answers after coming to a stop at an empty school corridor. "But my soulmate is more important." He adds while blushing a dark shade of red.

"That's so cute." You giggle, slightly blushing. "S-Shut up!" Kageyama shouts flustered, making you laugh even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually "invented" this soulmate au after watching "one week friend", it's a pretty good anime, you guys should check it out :3 And I hope you enjoyed.